LaunchBox Community Forums

Android

Syriacn

Has anyone figured out an emulator for Android games that will launch through Launchbox? I have tried Andy and like it, but can't figure out how to launch games through Launchbox, same with Bluestack. I think it would be fun to play some of these games on my htpc.

Syriacn said Has anyone figured out an emulator for Android games that will launch through Launchbox? I have tried Andy and like it, but can't figure out how to launch games through Launchbox, same with Bluestack. I think it would be fun to play some of these games on my htpc.
Because these aren't Emulators in the same sense that ePSXe, VBA-M, or Snes9x are Emulators it would require a different method of launching. There are no console commands to speak of, and mostly everything is done inside its own GUI. It is essentially a Virtual Machine that you would use for an old version of Windows or Linux to test out than just an emulator for games. The emulators don't also run the Operating System of the consoles, just the games. That said, if you can get BlueStacks to create a desktop icon for each app, you can add that shortcut theoretically. I know that when I click the information bubbles that pop up over my clock on my task bar, it will launch that game as long as BlueStacks is running in the background; not neceserilly open. Now that I type that, knowing how that works, you may not even be able to cold launch BlueStacks from what is essentially a hot link to launching the App. They're just not built with that in mind. Genymotion I don't think will have this ability either. That program is more developer centric in mind.

• 11 months later...
Hi! ^_^ I've something to share with you. I was trying to add Android games to my LaunchBox using BlueStacks 2 and I've noticed that if you browse the folder "BlueStacks\UserData\Library\My Apps" you'll find Windows' shortcuts to every application you've installed in your BlueStacks so you simply add those .lnk files in LaunchBox as adding .exe files for regular PC games and presto! :D Also, if you need extra resources for your Android games, the folder "BlueStacks\UserData\Library\Icons" have the small icons for every installed app and "BlueStacks\UserData\Gadget" have the big icons in .png format. :3 EDIT: I've attached my personal library of Android games. :)2016-04-27-1.jpg

Nice your tutorials are always great. I've learned a lot of stuff off of them about RetroArch, translation packs and other odds and ends but I think for all of them that I had already gotten all of those systems working so it will be nice to actually use one to setup something new.

• 8 months later...
  • 4 months later...
On ۱۳۹۵/۲/۹ ه‍.ش. at 7:16 AM, GatoSoft said:

Hi! ^_^ I've something to share with you. I was trying to add Android games to my LaunchBox using BlueStacks 2 and I've noticed that if you browse the folder "BlueStacks\UserData\Library\My Apps" you'll find Windows' shortcuts to every application you've installed in your BlueStacks so you simply add those .lnk files in LaunchBox as adding .exe files for regular PC games and presto! :D Also, if you need extra resources for your Android games, the folder "BlueStacks\UserData\Library\Icons" have the small icons for every installed app and "BlueStacks\UserData\Gadget" have the big icons in .png format. :3 EDIT: I've attached my personal library of Android games. :)2016-04-27-1.jpg

I tried the same trick for Nox AppPlayer, and weirdly it worked :-) Just if we ignore the 1-minute initial loading time of Nox itself.

• 2 years later...
On 5/4/2017 at 8:22 AM, ww97 said:

I tried the same trick for Nox AppPlayer, and weirdly it worked ? Just if we ignore the 1-minute initial loading time of Nox itself.

I for the life of me can't figure out how to do this with Nox