LaunchBox Community Forums

Just finished going through NES/Famicom games.

FistyDollars

Hmmm shouldn't be any I did. The only change that is pending on my queue now is Earthbound Zero, 3 approvals and 3 rejections :)

It should be called Earthbound because Earthbound Zero is just a made up name Demiforce gave it when it was first released. I actually donated way back when to get the cart dumped haha

6 minutes ago, hubz said:

Hmmm shouldn't be any I did. The only change that is pending on my queue now is Earthbound Zero, 3 approvals and 3 rejections :)

It should be called Earthbound because Earthbound Zero is just a made up name Demiforce gave it when it was first released. I actually donated way back when to get the cart dumped haha

Nevermind it was only one entry :D

Thats the reason i'd like to have a comment section upon submitting. The Information on information like that is really sparse on the internet. I read alot about it and approved the request I don't know about the others

18 minutes ago, hubz said:

It should be called Earthbound because Earthbound Zero is just a made up name Demiforce gave it when it was first released.

Sorry, but it shouldn't be called Earthbound either. The only official names ever given to it by Nintendo are "Mother" and "Earthbound Beginnings", and when it was planned for a U.S. release it was tentatively called "Earth Bound." So that's why I rejected the change. Earthbound Zero isn't correct, but neither is Earthbound. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mother_(video_game)

• Like 1

We are using the official names for the games. And as the only official release for this game in the west (not a bootleg or proto) was for the Virtual Console as “Earthbound Beginnings” we should probably take that name.

But as far as I know will Jason work on the database today and probably add alternative names for the games. So that issue might be solved by the end of the day anyway.

Ah good point, I can resubmit the change with the space added.

I think Earthbound Beginnings would be what it should be called under the Wii and Wii U, but not the NES as it was never called it for that. But if we can do alternate names it makes all this a moot point like CriticalCid said :)

I love that we're all so passionate about getting this info right on the database, good discussion!

• Like 3