LaunchBox Community Forums

Feedback and suggestions

TheSickness

Hi Jason and community, I've been using LaunchBox for a little over a month now (jumped right in with the premium version after seeing that big box video :). In that time, I've scoured the forums for tips and notes while building out my setup. I've not had to post a single question as of yet, and that's a testament to both the product and the community. I'm running a moderately complex setup that includes multiple RetroArch cores, Demul and PCSX2 to name just a few. I also have been able to import videos from EmuMovies with relative ease for my entire collection. BigBox looks really friggin sweet with all those videos in there :) So anyway, kudos on the product and I'm glad I decided to go this route for my setup. A couple quick suggestions that are likely already on the list (or maybe they already exist and I haven't stumbled across them yet). 1. Saving themes in BigBox would be awesome. For example, alternate sound effects as you scroll through your collection, different fonts and additional visual effects, etc. I realize I could probably just replace the default sounds and such with my own, but this would be awesome if we had base themes to choose from, manipulate, and save independently. 2. Importing Media - I know this is already a subject that has shown up multiple times in the forums. Importing the videos from EmuMovies was mostly easy. However, screenshots, boxes and other art are a little more time consuming. At least from what I've seen, you have to import 1 file at a time in the "edit x game" menu. If I remember correctly, the files are then named what the game is named in LaunchBox, NOT what the filename of the game is. EmuMovies renames all the pictures, manuals, etc as the name of the game's file. This will make updating and adding these items difficult as I'll have to import them 1 by 1, or change all the file names before dropping them into the correct folder in LaunchBox. Again, thank you all for making this an awesome experience and I look forward to the future of LaunchBox!!

Hi @TheSickness, thanks for your feedback! Per #1, I definitely plan on adding more visual options/layouts/etc, as well as sound effect options. Themes would be really cool, though; when we tackle that stuff I'll see how feasible that is. :) Per #2, images should really be just as easy as videos. LaunchBox will find images/videos/manuals/music that either match the name of the game, *or* the file name of the application or ROM file.

• 1 year later...

Hello Jason, thank you very much for the Launchbox App.

My friend, I was wondering if you can not make a lite version of the bigbox for free users.

The biggest qualities of the bigbox version are the themes (videos, fanarts, musics, logos) and this only with the paid version.

Would not it be interesting to give a preview to free users?

I figured I could only have 3 screens:

- Plataforms - Screen System
- Games - Screen Game
- Exit

0spxSl5.jpg

cxbyPBu.jpg

BlZRobV.jpg

All extremely simple. Without any option to be modified. I made an example of how it could be.

Anyway, it's just a suggestion.

Claudio

• 4 years later...

Hello.  It would be great if Launchbox had true dark mode, meaning that the context/configuration menus looked dark too. Another thing that I miss is that by maximizing the program window, you can still access the windows autohide taskbar. Thank you!

Edited by paQ

• 6 months later...
8 minutes ago, normchomsky said:

Is this thread dead? I would like to suggest the ability to rename media files to match the file name over LB's file naming system.

It's not dead requests are just done by the "Feature Request" option located at the top of the forum under "Help & Support". There is however, already a request on the site that links to for this. I will say this is likely something not going to happen anytime soon, if at all (really do not want to say never as there is always a small chance, but it does look very slim) per a recent discussion on our moderator discord with our devs.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Retro808 said:

It's not dead requests are just done by the "Feature Request" option located at the top of the forum under "Help & Support". There is however, already a request on the site that links to for this. I will say this is likely something not going to happen anytime soon, if at all (really do not want to say never as there is always a small chance, but it does look very slim) per a recent discussion on our moderator discord with our devs.

Cheers mate.