LaunchBox Community Forums

problem with AutoHotkey and Project64

Hellohi

I can't seem to get autohotkey to let me close project64 and with my setup I can't use keyboard or mouse so I just can't use project64 for the time being. I'm using project64 1.6 and I launch it with LaunchBox via a .bat file and I assume that AutoHotkey won't close project64 since I opened a .bat (I followed a post called "Emulator Settings for All Platforms" and copied the settings for Project64) and not project64. Any work around? Any alternative emulators that are reliable? Am I just being stupid and overlooking something? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. Smile

Not sure if this will be of help, but there's no need to use a batch file to launch Project64 1.6. as the quotes issue was resolved a while back. The emulator can now be added directly and will launch games. Note that the Don't Use Quotes box in the Edit Emulator window needs to be ticked.

I'm getting a Graphic Error popup when I close out of a game in Project64 now and I can't close it with a controller. "Switching resolutions failed to initalize Direct3D Error code: 8876086C D3DERR_INVALIDCALL" That's the only issue now. The games play just fine, and they do close put I keep getting that popup.

Downloaded and messed around with Project 64 2.2 . No more popups when closing, but now I'm getting them when I open a game. If I close a game and then go to a new one, I get a popup telling me that project64 is currently running and asking me to terminate it. Frown

Hellohi said I'm getting a Graphic Error popup when I close out of a game in Project64 now and I can't close it with a controller. "Switching resolutions failed to initalize Direct3D Error code: 8876086C D3DERR_INVALIDCALL"
For the error you were having it usually means that something is not upto date, make sure windows, drivers, directx runtime, c/c++ runtime, .net runtime are all up to date. IE these plus your graphics drivers uptodate.jpg

For what it's worth, not sure if you're stuck with Project64 for some reason, but Retroarch works really great once you get past the initial learning curve. The latest version is a lot easier too. Sooner or later I think I'm gonna create a setup video to show how to get started with Retroarch and LaunchBox/Big Box. That is, unless somebody else wants to. ;)