LaunchBox Community Forums

Rocketlauncher integration, and parent Mame games?

rich2k4

I am building a htpc soon and am trying to determine if launchbox is the right front end for me. Does it support RocketLauncher integration so that I can use rocketlauncher for system bezels? also, is there a way to filter arcade games to be parent roms only? I have a lot of roms that have parents and clones, but I would only want to display the parent games and a few select clones. Is this possible?

Hi @rich2k4, welcome. LaunchBox does support RocketLauncher; I'm not overly familiar with how to set it up, but I know there are people on here who do successfully use LaunchBox with RocketLauncher. Per filtering to parent ROMs only, no, there's nothing in LaunchBox to automatically filter. You can certainly filter out or hide anything you want to, but LaunchBox won't automatically identify ROMs as parents.

RL plays nice with LaunchBox. Just set it up once as an emulator (just the path to the .exe), then set up each system in the lower half of the emulator setup screen. The command line parameters are pretty simple: http://www.rlauncher.com/wiki/index.php?title=RocketLauncher_Command_Line_Parameters

• 2 months later...
garbanzo said RL plays nice with LaunchBox. Just set it up once as an emulator (just the path to the .exe), then set up each system in the lower half of the emulator setup screen. The command line parameters are pretty simple: http://www.rlauncher.com/wiki/index.php?title=RocketLauncher_Command_Line_Parameters
Awesome. Can u share a pic of the lower half of the emulator setup? Thanks either way. -craig

what I am saying that the lower half reference is from an older version of LB it is no longer there now there is an associated platform tab that contains the information that used to be in lower portion of the form mulator-form.PNG The first image is of the general tab the second image is the associated platform tab they used to be combined and the associated platform represents what was originally the bottom half that is referenced in the older post. associated-platform-tab.PNG

• 1 year later...