LaunchBox Community Forums

Can i Use MameUI? can't find rom when start.

sansa

Did you add the MAME ROMs to the LaunchBox folder if so then MAME doesn't know where to look for them either use them from where they were imported from or add your new path to the MAME.ini. If you didn't import them into the LaunchBox folder then I don't know what the issue could be.

I'm using MAMEUI without any issues and it launches directly into whichever game I choose. These are the default command line parameters that I have set -skip_gameinfo -now I would try starting the whole process over again but leave your games in their original locaton

Yes, MAMEUI works fine, but I've noticed that settings can be extremely finicky between different versions of MAME/MAMEUI. I'm not sure how it works or how the settings storage is different between them but try to hunt down the setting in the MAMEUI interface. I've had similar issues where MAME works fine but MAMEUI (in the same folder) doesn't because it somehow has different settings.