LaunchBox Community Forums

Zombeaver's Platform Banners

Zombeaver

That'd be totally sweet dude! Make sure you take some photos if you do.

I've said my piece on the matter more than once around here (kindof preaching to the choir around these parts I suppose) but people really need to stop treating emulation like it's some kind of awful, terrible, no-good, irredeemable sin. It isn't. It's the preservation of the history of an important art medium; and the only reliable means of doing it at that. People need to grow up.

I've always loved the cover for Karateka. It's like a movie poster for an awesome 80's martial arts flick. Karateka itself completely blew me away as a kid - the animations were amazing for the time. It made use of rotoscoping which was basically unheard of in video games at that point. Jordan Mechner, the developer, went on to apply the same technique to even greater effect in his next game - Prince of Persia.

Atari 7800.png

• Like 1

It's not from Chrono Trigger (which isn't on the GBC to begin with)... it's Dragon Warrior III.

The GBC is at a somewhat less steep angle than some of them. The device itself doesn't have the same amount of physical depth as a console though so that's kindof unavoidable. The original Game Boy one is the same way...