LaunchBox Community Forums

Zombeaver's Platform Banners

Zombeaver

Platform_Banners_Gif.gif

These are  now available in the downloads section!

Enjoy!

Previous Post:

Spoiler

Download Link For Full Set

Platforms Featured:

3DO
Arcade
Atari 8-bit
Atari 2600
Atari Jaguar
Atari ST (2 variants)
Classic PC
Commodore 64
Commodore Amiga
CPS-1
CPS-2
DOS
Neo Geo
Nintendo 64
Nintendo DS
Nintendo Entertainment System
Nintendo Gamecube
Nintendo Game Boy (2 variants)
Nintendo Game Boy Advance
Nintendo Wii
PC
PC Engine
PC Engine-CD (2 variants)
ScummVM
Sega CD
Sega Dreamcast
Sega Genesis
Sega Master System (2 variants)
Sega Model 2
Sega Saturn
Sony Playstation
Sony Playstation 2
Sony PSP
Super Nintendo Entertainment System
TurboGrafx-16
TurboGrafx-CD (2 variants)
X68000

Original Post:

Spoiler

I just finished a new banner (ScummVM) and figured since we've got a shiny new forum subsection for user-created content, I might as well make a thread for the platform banners I've created and just continue to add new ones here. Please note that in the cases where the platform is represented by a logo (like DOS, Sega Model 2, ScummVM, etc.) there isn't a separate "sketch" style banner. I've been creating these to suit the needs of my own LB setup, but I'm open to suggestions for other platforms as well.

"Normal" style:

Spoiler

Atari-2600-Banner-1.pngNES-Banner.pngSNES-Banner.pngN64-Banner.pngGamecube-Banner.pngWii-Banner.pngGenesis-Banner.pngSega-CD-Banner.pngSaturn-Banner.pngDreamcast-Banner.pngPlaystation-Banner.pngPS2-Banner.png3DO-Banner.pngJaguar-Banner-smaller.pngNeo-Geo-Banner.pngMAME-Banner.pngCPS1-Banner.pngCPS2-Banner.pngModel-2-1.pngCommodore-64-Banner.pngGBA-Banner.pngPSP-Banner.pngPC-Banner.pngDOS-Banner-1.pngScummVM-Banner.png

"Sketch" style:

Spoiler

Atari-2600-Banner-sketch-1.pngNES-Banner-sketch.pngSNES-Banner-sketch.pngN64-Banner-sketch.pngGamecube-Banner-sketch.pngWii-Banner-sketch.pngGenesis-Banner-sketch.pngSega-CD-Banner-sketch.pngSaturn-Banner-sketch.pngDreamcast-Banner-sketch.pngPlaystation-Banner-sketch.pngPS2-Banner-sketch.png3DO-Banner-sketch.pngJaguar-Banner-sketch-smaller.pngMAME-Banner-sketch.pngNeo-Geo-Banner-sketch.pngCPS1-Banner-sketch.pngCPS2-Banner-sketch.pngCommodore-64-Banner-sketch.pngGBA-Banner-sketch.pngPSP-Banner-sketch.pngPC-Banner-sketch.png

"Normal" style pack download "Sketch" style pack download

• Like 4

Can I request PS4? Maybe with Black ops 3 guy in the background? I have PS4 on big box to show off my games collection lol I can send more consoles as I add them to Launchbox.... You have all the consoles I have plus a few more. Great job!!!!!

GonjaT said Gameboy, Gameboy color, ps4. That's all I'm missing so far. Thanks! I really like the sketch ones.
I'll see what I can come up with for Gameboy and GBC. I'll try to do a PS4 one eventually as well but that's a lower priority since there's no PS4 emulation currently - so most people wouldn't find it useful.
GonjaT said Is there a way I can donate to you for these artwork pieces?
I genuinely appreciate the thought, but no - this is something I do for fun and to help the community; no compensation is necessary. Thank you though! Laugh You could certainly donate to the GoFundMe campaign that's currently ongoing for some alternate banners, however. @SentaiBrad is there a way I could get "trusted" status or whatever it's called in order for me to edit my original post? I made a new banner but I can't edit the original post to add it currently.

Zombeaver Thank you for seeing what you can do for the Gameboy and Gameboy Color, as I am certainly looking forward to seeing the outcome of my setup with the art you have created! as for Ps4 I completely understand and will wait. I only request it and have it on my system because I have been working on my home automation setup and will be done hopefully in a month or so.... What the Ps4 wheel will do is when I click the game, and then click play, it will then run a script, send a signal to my harmony hub(change input) to my Ps4 source on the TV, then dim my lights, and also adjust my surround setup to game mode from theater mode. It wont be able to launch the specific game unless i can tie it into PC remote play some how and have it auto navigate to that game from there... but that's something I will look at in the future.

GonjaT said Zombeaver Thank you for seeing what you can do for the Gameboy and Gameboy Color, as I am certainly looking forward to seeing the outcome of my setup with the art you have created! as for Ps4 I completely understand and will wait. I only request it and have it on my system because I have been working on my home automation setup and will be done hopefully in a month or so.... What the Ps4 wheel will do is when I click the game, and then click play, it will then run a script, send a signal to my harmony hub(change input) to my Ps4 source on the TV, then dim my lights, and also adjust my surround setup to game mode from theater mode. It wont be able to launch the specific game unless i can tie it into PC remote play some how and have it auto navigate to that game from there... but that's something I will look at in the future.
That sounds so badass lol

@GonjaT Wow, that actually sounds pretty sweet. I love setting up stuff like that. I use something called Remote Launcher to do some neat things, though not quite to that level - when I get home from work (and am in the garage, two floors below my PC) I can use it to start Plex Home Theater on my PC, then I connect to my Plex network via the Plex app on my phone and play (cast) something to it, and then I can use Remote Launcher again to switch the audio output from my headphones to speakers (because I usually forget about it and leave them on headphones the night before). As a bonus, it's a great and hilarious way of scaring the crap out of my wife. She thought my PC was possessed or something the first time. I also use it for doing certain things with the Steam Link - certain emulators can be a little extra difficult to cooperate and are difficult to close via normal methods while streaming through the Link, so I have it setup to issue close commands to specific .exes on command.
Rincewind said Can I ask how you create the sketch style ones
It's actually just a couple simple Photoshop filters. First you want to use "Poster Edges" Edge thickness: 2 Edge intensity: 1 Posterization: 2 Then you use "Cutout". The actual settings vary depending on the image and they have to be tweaked, but my usual starting point is Number of levels: 4 Edge simplicity: 4 Edge fidelity: 2 Number of levels in particular gets adjusted quite a bit from image to image.

I can't edit the original post currently, so I'll add new banners as thread replies for the time being. This is a banner I made for a custom platform I created in LB called "Classic PC". I use it for games from around 1995 - 2005 (they have to be a minimum of 10 years old) that are post-DOS era like Wizardry 8, The Longest Journey, Gothic, Outcast, Thief, etc. I felt weird about lumping this period of PC games in with say Crysis. The background is from Anachronox - an amazingly unique and hilarious PC RPG that nobody played Confused (and just so happens to be a whopping $1.74 currently on the Steam sale *nudge*). Next up will be Gameboy. Classic-PC-Banner.png

SentaiBrad said I own Anachronox actually! So you're not alone.
Nice! I've got my big box displayed proudly on my PC shelf :P It's criminally underappreciated; one of my all-time favorites for sure.
SentaiBrad said Also, I agree with the others, thank you for doing this! I've asked Jason to give you the permission to edit your posts. I will let you know when he does.
No problem and thank you!

• 3 weeks later...
@GonjaT I've finished some Gameboy banners. Sorry it took so long - been working on other projects recently. My first thought was to do one for Link's Awakening as that's my favorite Gameboy game, but I didn't really want to have two banners with Zelda (with Ocarina of Time being on the N64 one) so I decided to go for another iconic (and appropriate given the current craze) Gameboy game - Pokemon (Red, in this case). I think it's...okay; but maybe a bit boring. So I said to hell with it and made one for Link's Awakening anyway. I figured I might as well include both versions here. For me it's no competition, but I know some people love their Pokemon haha. Gameboy-Banner.pngGameboy-Banner-sketch.pngGameboy-Zelda-Banner.pngGameboy-Zelda-Banner-sketch.png

Those look great! Now to choose hehe Thanks for working on my requests.... Great work! Oh and no need to be sorry for taking so long, its not like you have a life or anything? Right? Lol I try and visit this post as much as I can because I'm excited to see the progress!

• 3 weeks later...
I had a bit of trouble making up my mind on this one so I've got a couple options available. Ninja Gaiden was the first attempt; not entirely sure I'm satisfied with it which is what led to the Phantasy Star version. I hope you guys dig one or both; I've been staring at them for too long to be objective. I'm seeing everything in various shades of orange at this point Confused
    Normal - Ninja Gaiden:
Sega-Master-System-4.png
    Sketch - Ninja Gaiden:
Sega-Master-System-5.png
    Normal - Phantasy Star:
Sega-Master-System-6.png
    Sketch - Phantasy Star:
Sega-Master-System-7.png

Awesome work! Its great to get on the forum and see users doing cool stuff with LB. Will be using, so for sure thanks for sharing. Does anyone know if LaunchBox will cycle through multiple banners the way it does for screenshots? Would be cool to have both of these sets in there popping randomly. Edit: Just confirms this works. Just append the system name with "-01" etc.