LaunchBox Community Forums

6.4 beta 3 audio issues

With version 6.4 beta 3, in bigbox mode audio is crackling and seems to get stuck in loops and random glitching sounds when switching between videos and game titles within the menus. continues throughout gameplay sessions until bigbox is shutdown. Anyone else experiencing this with this new beta or have any thoughts? Is there a link where I can download the current or previous beta and downgrade the version without loosing my settings and platforms? Issue only began after updating from previous beta 2. Launch box has been amazing. I'm sure I will be able to get this sorted out otherwise. Thanks!

Jason Carr said Thanks guys, was the audio crackling new for 6.4-beta-3? That's really strange because we've done nothing to change anything related to sound in Big Box for a long time. What video playback engine are you guys using? VLC or Windows Media Player?
For me, the issue began after upgrading to 6.4 beta 3 ..seems to have something to do with the game movies playback specifically when inside bigbox mode. When you have a rom selected then switch to another rom, you randomly hear pops, clicks and short 1 second bursts of audio clips from previously watched videos from other games. You also continue to hear the audio glitches while playing games. To test this, I first re-installed 6.4 beta 3 on top of itself... result was the same issue. Then, I proceed to install and revert back to beta 2- ...and the issue was gone. By the way, I am using the VLC engine for playback

Jason Carr said No worries, so you mean the issue was happening with the previous betas as well?
No only the latested beta Other problems I had was having to close bigbox in task manager sometimes when I closed bigbox music still played and found bigbox was still running in background. It happed a lot more if I moved the wheels fast. I hope this is of some help

hi jason with WMP its the same problem than VLC as i declare in (Issue #1229 Audio crackling in bitbucket.org) bigbox process continues running when i quit it, I close process and it s ok i have a short video and no Skip Game Details option and the videos playing properly the video with no cuts : https://1drv.ms/f/s!AgfxR7T8Oevxk_hFe2a9WhbY5bFFjQ