LaunchBox Community Forums

Gameboy Advance games not launching in RetroArch

NormalNomad

one more question can i do something with the black bars left and right with retroarch ? cause with vba emulator i had a choise to set up the resolution of full screen at whatever and remove the bars also it had screen filters options can i do this in retroarch mgba core thx?

3 minutes ago, kostas said:

its working now i had forgoten the quotations at the end im sooo blind sory 

And that is why I recommended pics at the start. We have seen 3 L's in dll, missing spaces, missing dash, missing quotations, and other typos. Glad you are sorted now. 

Edited by Retro808
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, kostas said:

yeah you where sooo right Retro808 btw if i have troubles with a so simple platform with launchbox im soooo scared to even imagine what troubles i will run into if i try to import the MAME arcade one :((

Mame is easy. And do not sweat it. As I mentioned before this forum is amazing at helping its members trouble shoot. If things go awry fire up a post. 

Edited by Retro808

4 minutes ago, DOS76 said:

go to your video settings and change aspect ratio from core provided to 16:9 if you want no black bars.

but if i do this will it change to 16-9 for every platform like neogeo ,cps , atari etch ?? or just for the gba and if its not then how can i do it only for gba platform ??

Load up a core and game, open the Quick Menu > Shaders > Load Shader Preset and then browse through the shaders_cg and shaders_glsl folders and try the different presets.

The ones you wanna stick to are the ones that with a p like cgp or glslp, if you do too far in you will find the cg and glsl ones which are the raw shader files which are for combining your own shader files, more advanced stuff.

If you have an Nvidia graphics card the CG shaders will work for you but if you are using an on board graphics or AMD graphics card stick to the GLSL ones.

Thx so mutch guys i got it all working as i wanted one last thing with arcade games i cannot use my analog stick rom my ps4 controler no matter what control options i chose in the control options in retroarch im using ds4 windows i know it sucks but i use it for all my other emulators pcsx2 , dolphin , epsxe etch and it working perfectly ??

1 minute ago, kostas said:

Thx so mutch guys i got it all working as i wanted one last thing with arcade games i cannot use my analog stick rom my ps4 controler no matter what control options i chose in the control options in retroarch im using ds4 windows i know it sucks but i use it for all my other emulators pcsx2 , dolphin , epsxe etch and it working perfectly ??

If you launch a game and go into the menu. In the input section there should be an option to use the analog sticks. I just learned of this myself a few days ago as I used to never use the analogs. I have it working on my 8Bitdo controllers so not sure how well it will work with PS4.