LaunchBox Community Forums

Amstrad CPC & launchbox ?

Zangdaarr

Hi Everyone, I am trying to configure Launchbox to work with a CPC6128 emulator. For now I am using caprice32. I am not succeeding because I do not find an appropriate command line to automatically load and run the disk. Does anyone already did it ? I am ok to use another emulator, or even use an specific front end for the CPC, as long as at the end I can run my soft from Launchbox. Thanks

• 3 months later...
Hi there Zangdaarr, I realise this is 3 months down the line, but I'll have to excuse myself by not having joined until recently. In case you return to read this, and in case you don't already have a solution, I've just setup WinAPE to run Amstrad CPC disk images in Launchbox. It is possible to get it to launch a game direct from Launchbox by passing in the command-line argument /a:filetorun The trouble is, that requires knowledge of the contents of each and every disk; I've not found a quick way of automating how to detect what the filename is to run to put on the command-line. Ie. how to provide a single command-line that works for all games. Apparently some games will load with a run "disk" command or run "disc", so maybe it is possible to provide a command file that tries each options at least (if I'm not mistaken what this command-line option is used for: /T:filename - "Automatically start typing from the given Auto-type file."). But then is it of any value to have only *some* games work? If you do already have a solution, I'm all ears. Hmm... I wonder if it's possible to write a basic program to determine what is the most likely file to run on a disk? Call every game with a command file that contains loading the same .BAS file. Regards, MesonW

• 2 years later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I have been trying to run winape 20b2 in LB and having mixed results.  I have LB emulator default command line parameters setup for the emulaor as /A with a sample command that shows as: WinApe.exe /A "FULL\PATH\TO\ROM\FILE" all other checkboxes in the emulator edit screen are unchecked.

If I run the emulator outside of LB and perform a disk file load through the file menu I can successfully identify a .zip file for the disk file and check the auto run program checkbox and the game runs successfully. However If exit the emulator and try and play a game next through LB the emulator starts and autotypes the run command only it is using the same file reference from when I ran it manually (not loading the filename of the item associated with the LB game item). I checked to make sure that the game file reference and location in LB is good. It appears that the disk file reference is not being passed in the command string built by LB and passed to WinApe. Or possibly is not being cleared out of the emulator when I exited. Any thoughts of what to try next?

It does not appear to matter whether I have the disk files stored in a the emulator folder or if they are in a separate folder (which  is the state in affect during my description above, but I tested both cases with the same result)

Edited by straightman