LaunchBox Community Forums

Changing the location of the images/media folders

Jason Carr

So after I deleted the BigBoxSettings.xml, It created some settings and works for some reason via the default folder. I'm going to try to change the location again just to see if that throws off the platform settings for the video location. Thanks for all your help.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

OK I give in. I've looked for about an hour and I can't see how you get hyperspin mp4 videos to work without moving them e.g they are currently at S:\emu\data\Atari 2600\video

LB is at C:\Apps\LaunchBox

I've tried making changes in the FE and in Data\platforms.xml. Googled it to death Nothing works! Also I'm just trying this out, I presume videos do work in the non premium version? Is there something you have to do to make them appear.

Is there a global settings to set the default video folder to be S:\emu\data\ that it can then just key off to sysname\Video ?

TIA

Edited by DanThurman

1 minute ago, DanThurman said:

OK I give in. I've looked for about an hour and I can't see how you get hyperspin mp4 videos to work without moving them e.g they are currently at S:\emu\data\Atari 2600\video

LB is at C:\Apps\LaunchBox

I've tried making changes in the FE and in Data\platforms.xml. Nothing works. Also I'm just trying this out, I presume videos do work in the non premium version?

TIA

Just go to tools/manage platforms double click a platform then go to the folder tab the second option is videos, just browse to where yours are stored.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

Just go to tools/manage platforms double click a platform then go to the folder tab the second option is videos, just browse to where yours are stored.

Ahh OK Thanks. I was editing it in the First 'details' tab under video path (which wanted an actual video selected) I presume then that setting is for the platform video

52 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

@DanThurman Unfortunately videos do require premium, however. They're not available in the free version.

So even if I've already downloaded them and they all work with hyperspin I won't be able to see them in launchbox free version? (handy if could see first three videos for trial purposes). 

So is there a migration tool that can transcribe the hyperspin xml files into Launchbox, then let LB update any missing art you've requested?

Edited by DanThurman

• 2 years later...
On 1/29/2017 at 6:26 PM, Jason Carr said:

@mgtroyas It may be that you just need to increase the RAM cache size under Tools > Options > System > RAM Cache. Typically 512 MB+ is optimal, and you can check the box to clear the ram cache before launching games if needed.

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong but I can't find this option anywhere?    I've attached a screenshot of the options menu in v10.11 and I don't see Tools-Options-System-Ram Cache?

lb_options.jpg

5 minutes ago, rodww said:

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong but I can't find this option anywhere?    I've attached a screenshot of the options menu in v10.11 and I don't see Tools-Options-System-Ram Cache?

lb_options.jpg

That option does not exist anymore, it is all handled dynamically now. 

• 1 month later...

Hi Team,

Im still pretty lost on setting the Global folder for media... earlier in this thread it talks of setting this in the LaunchBox.xml I cant see that and im assuming its been retired in the newer versions. I can see the platforms.xml which I can change the file paths however when I re-scan in Launchbox it resets them back to the default which is the root folder for LB. This seems like such a simple thing and I cant believe that its come this far and that ability to set the root globally just isn't there. Could someone shed light for me. im using the latest version (10.13)

Thanks

2 minutes ago, GAMe said:

Hi Team,

Im still pretty lost on setting the Global folder for media... earlier in this thread it talks of setting this in the LaunchBox.xml I cant see that and im assuming its been retired in the newer versions. I can see the platforms.xml which I can change the file paths however when I re-scan in Launchbox it resets them back to the default which is the root folder for LB. This seems like such a simple thing and I cant believe that its come this far and that ability to set the root globally just isn't there. Could someone shed light for me. im using the latest version (10.13)

Thanks

@GAMe We haven't used a LaunchBox.xml file for years now. What version are you using?