LaunchBox Community Forums

Property set of 'URL' cannot be invoked at this time.

FastFeet

I seem to get this error pop up on a few of my games. Error: "Property set of 'URL' cannot be invoked at this time" and Launchbox crashes/closes. It happens when a ROM is highlighted (not all ROM's, just a certain few (same ROMs everytime)) . I been trying to resolve the error by changing the file name and deleting some of the metadata; without success. LB Error EDIT: I do not seem to have the issue in Big Box Mode, so far it seems to be in LaunchBox Desktop Mode.

I don't know if this is your case but for me if I disable the game details pane under view and then choose a game that has videos then I will get that error if I then enable the game details and then choose the game then I won't get any errors. If you don't have the GD pane hidden then disregard this post but if you do and your games have videos associated with them then this is what is causing your problem.

Yep, that's the issue for me too, hopefully it is fixed soon! Also noticed that the video plays even if the details pane is hidden, I can still hear the audio. I wish the video did not play by default, and instead just showed it in the details pane with an overlaid button to play it if required.

Thanks guys. @DOS76, that clears up what the issue is with that error, thanks. I'm gonna hop on this tonight and hopefully fix that error only to just get a beta out that fixes it. I'm aware of the other usability issues that I need to fix as well, but I won't necessarily get those in tonight.

Thanks for showing us that, and yea we did. I don't pay too much attention to the bug tracker right now, I will more in the future as I will be upkeeping it regularly, and Jason is just really busy. So sorry if we miss stuff, but it is the prime reason why we say use the bug tracker and have users vote up the important stuff to them. xD