LaunchBox Community Forums

Windows 10 +Nvidia . Cumulative update . Emu Knock Out

dov_EL

I have a PC with Windows 10 x64 with Intel CPUs and Nvidia GPu. yesterday Microsoft has released a cumulative update for Windows 10 . After you install the update, you will not start any emulator and you do not even start launchbox . At this point I decided to format the PC and install Windows 10 again , I foolishly installed immediately also all updates from Windows Update , PC fresh Install 100% . Install mame ....... and not work , black screen (no crash) , CTRL+ALT+CANC and logout to quit . If any of you has a CPU Intel + Nvidia GPU with Windows 10 64-bit + the last cumulative update, you can try on your PC if you have the same problem?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SentaiBrad said I have no clue. Did you do the GPU Driver update yesterday? There is one in the Nvidia Expierence app if you didn't get it, or if you did it could be that too.
Yes, I did update nvidia yesterday but today when I formatted I temporarily left the Windows Update Version which is old.

I recently installed build 14271 on one of my computers and after that none of my browsers would start LaunchBox would hang but for me a clean install fixed everything right up. So I don't think you have the same issues that I was having. You can't start LB or any of your emulators outside of LaunchBox that is so strange.