LaunchBox Community Forums

Windows 10 +Nvidia . Cumulative update . Emu Knock Out

dov_EL

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SentaiBrad said I have several odd USB devices as well and I can tell you from my expierence I've had 0 issues with Windows 10 updates, either related to LaunchBox or otherwise.
Okay good, this thread made me a little paranoid...especially reading it on the same day that I find out the new NVIDIA drivers have been pulled after overheating issues (and people mentioning my card specifically as one of the affected models.)

All i can tell you is my personal experience. For me, The Xbox one controllers still don't work with most emulators even after the latest windows 10 update. Same issues as i had described earlier in this thread. Its not an Nvidia issue. The issue appears to most likely have something to do with windows 10 when combined with Xbox one controllers and a good portion of the emulators. In my testing, when using xbox one controllers, most emulators hang at startup on 3 separate windows 10 PCs - issue is even worse when using 2 xbox one controllers. 2 things I will update everyone on: 1- As I said previously, This issue has nothing to do with LaunchBox.... LaunchBox itself is working great. 2- I purchased a pair of XBox 360 wireless controllers and Wireless PC dongle and stopped using my Xbox one controllers. Everything is now working great again the way it is supposed to.

That's an odd combination of issues. I've been fighting Xinput problems with the XBOne controllers ever since the wireless update, but missed the new nVidia drivers with Vulkan support (and from what I'm hearing, I might be glad that I did; it sounds like a botched update that was withdrawn). http://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4054 For myself, XBOne Xinput issues appear to be resolved and they behave with control output (no changes in the L/R trigger assignments and the like) exactly like the 360. This was reported in the XBox One controller thread on the Kodi forums and I just verified with my own build and Retroarch. It's working smoothly so far.

Oddly, Retroarch seems to work without much issues. Its other Emu's like MameUI64, and some others that have issues with Xbox one controllers on windows 10 in my personal experiences When i switch back to using Xbox 360 controllers, everything works fine again. March 8th Microsoft update(KB3140768) had no effect for me. Same results on 3 different windows 10 PC's- can it be just me? I'm going to retire from this thread. If this ever starts working for me again, I will update here. thanks to all

• 2 weeks later...