LaunchBox Community Forums

Help me remember the name of this arcade golf game

spacegoathlz

I became addicted to this arcade golf game, it was sometime in the late 90's early 00's, and NO it wasn't Golden Tee. The whole idea of this game, and what made it so much fun, was that you could spin the ball in the air and more or less steer it all over the course. You could hit it like 450yds with backspin on the way up, then forward spin on the way down. You could bend the sucker 90+ degrees around a dogleg lined with trees. It was nuts, and it was fantastic. I cannot remember the name of it for the life of me, I can't seem to find it in generic MAME searches, and it's driving me nuts to where I am about ready to start cutting my brain open like a Cylon looking for resurrection tech. I vaguely remember a distinct Japanese feel to it, like the text was literal translations that make you laugh on occasion & a "grown up Hot Shots Golf" type animation to it. I don't suppose this rings any bells for anyone out there?

Nope. It was definitely a trackball game and it was a little more ummmm...kidsy? It was insane how well you could steer the ball in the air. The courses were brutal, but since you could basically drive the ball like a car in the air, a good round could end at 30-34 under. I bet I spent $200 one week trying to get to 36 under. It had a look VERY similar to the attached screenshot, but there's no Pangya arcade golf. The only places I ever saw it was my local bowling alley in backwoods small town IN, and a huge bowling alley in Cincinnati. I guess I'm just going to have to resign myself to never playing it again. Coulda been the same small amusement company providing Japanese clearance cabinets to both places.pangya-fantasy-golf-1.jpg

• 1 month later...

it's some kind of variant/clone of Super Swing Golf. I googled "arcade golf bonus pang" and it led me to this :http://www.gamefaqs.com/wii/941762-super-swing-golf-season-2/images/211

The screen you posted and the screen from the Wii title have alot of similarities and hope it helps jog your memory.

P.S. also searched for this or something close in the GameFAQ arcade section and came up empty.:(

• 7 years later...
On 7/12/2016 at 5:45 PM, spacegoathlz said:

I became addicted to this arcade golf game, it was sometime in the late 90's early 00's, and NO it wasn't Golden Tee. The whole idea of this game, and what made it so much fun, was that you could spin the ball in the air and more or less steer it all over the course. You could hit it like 450yds with backspin on the way up, then forward spin on the way down. You could bend the sucker 90+ degrees around a dogleg lined with trees. It was nuts, and it was fantastic. I cannot remember the name of it for the life of me, I can't seem to find it in generic MAME searches, and it's driving me nuts to where I am about ready to start cutting my brain open like a Cylon looking for resurrection tech. I vaguely remember a distinct Japanese feel to it, like the text was literal translations that make you laugh on occasion & a "grown up Hot Shots Golf" type animation to it. I don't suppose this rings any bells for anyone out there?

Was it Skins Game by Midway?

skins.jpg