LaunchBox Community Forums

Games w/launchers

spacegoathlz

I haven't even tried it, but I have been thinking of playing some Rift/Wildstar again, and wondered, since steam games can be run through launchbox, can it be done with Blizzard, Origin, etc? I've got a few hours of downloading before I can even give it a shot and I'm hoping someone already knows the answer and will save me more hours of trying and failing.Laugh

• 4 weeks later...

Blizzard games can be run bypassing the launcher, if you look inside the games folder you will find the exe for the game. Now of course you will need to be logged into battle.net already to play their games unless you are using a copy of their games that do not require a login like playing WoW on a private server for example.

I think the same applies to Origin but I do not know since I so not give EA money for their trash.

Adding PC games is sort an annoying process right now but last night I finally added my PC games to Launchbox and the way I did it was to just drag in the games shortcut files (I keep all my games shortcuts sorted in a games folder for my Windows Start menu). I put them under the Windows platform but I had to assign an emulator on the import and this is where it gets annoying. Once all the games are imported you them need to go into the Windows platform and for each game you need to "uncheck" the "use an emulator" box in the Emulation tab of the edit box. This really needs a bulk edit option or a way to not have to set an emulator in the import.

If someone knows of a better way to do this then please post it here.

• Like 1

Are you guys saying I can just drag and drop my existing game shortcuts (with launchers and without) into my LB "Windows" platform and that should add those shortcuts so they will just get run as though i double clicked the shortcut? Because that seems like what I want.

First I am trying the Import Windows Games wizard and will see if that works well and finds everything or not.

Yeah.

But on import you will have to set an emulator to that platform in the import wizard. Just pick a random emulator, it doesn't matter which one. Then once they are all imported you will need to right click each game one at a time and edit them, go to the emulator tab and uncheck the box for use an emulator to play this game. That's the pain in the ass part.

I didn't do the Import Windows Games method, so let me know how that turns out for you.

I just tried it and it did not ask me to pick any emulator. But it only got my 4 Origin games and those appear in Windows platform fine.  They do not appear to have any emulator associated to them. Cool. Maybe the developers improved the Wizard in my version.

The others it found were not correct so I had to press delete on those ones. So for those other ones (like Blizzard and non launcher games, I will try drag drop to LB Windows Platform and see what happens.

I just noticed that when I did the Steam import wizard the other day that it missed one game. It did not import the new Doom game. That game is listed in my public profile like all the others. So I just ran Steam import again and it said it didn't find anything new.

Must be a LB bug?

I just tried drag/drop my windows game shortcuts into Windows platform that have not been imported yet, but it did not import any of them (and I had to choose ms-dos games or roms so i chose ms-dos)?  The import wizard did come up and I went through it. I chose to copy files (actually shortcut links) to LB. What's the trick?

Edited by ckp