LaunchBox Community Forums

Lightspeed: Ultra-Fast Mame Importer Tool

Jason Carr

Solved all problems you mentioned , apparently, @CriticalCid.
I decided to include the short ROM name to everything and removed the word "Version..." at the end. There are many games that share the exact same tag in parenthesis and the only way to assure the info is unique is by adding something with it and since the rom name has only 8 characters, that should be it I believe. When no tag is found, the clone/ROM name is listed instead:1942.png.3d78bc1c415375621da230c0dbdd33ed.png1000miglianew.thumb.png.c841eb46760536be41654d7541a7933b.png

• Like 2

Version: 0183_Beta7
Date: 3/5/2017 2:30am

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B23vaxsfSk1yNk51WmJvc1lpSFE/view?usp=sharing

- Improvements on the consolidation of clones
- Fixed the parser to extract the correct version from the support files during the update process
- To avoid corrupting files due to Launchbox being opened during the export, Lightspeed will now check if Launchbox is open and you will not be able to proceed until you close Launchbox.

-Kris

• Like 3

You cant choose where to install with Beta 7.

EDIT: It chooses my previously selected folder automatically, but i dont want that.

EDIT2: using Updater->MAME -listxml works now, and it also only takes about 1% of the time it took on Beta5.

Edited by rootshell

1 hour ago, rootshell said:

EDIT: It chooses my previously selected folder automatically, but i dont want that.

EDIT2: using Updater->MAME -listxml works now, and it also only takes about 1% of the time it took on Beta5.

@rootshell If you wish to have Lightspeed installed in a different location than the previously installed path and be prompted to do so, you will need to first uninstall the previous version. You can do that by using the control panel or simply navigate to where you had it installed and run the "unins000.exe".

Hope this helps. :)

• Like 1

Hi all. New to this forum and to lightspeed. Installed the latest beta version and think I've put everything in correctly but when I get to the Export page none of my filters have been applied leaving me no way to generate a list. I'm sure I'm missing something simple and have read the instruction PDF. Anyone got any ideas?

Cheers.

01 Paths.png

02 Options.png

03 Filters A.png

04 Filters B.png

05 Platform.png

06 Export Arcade.png

07 Export Filtered.png

08 Export Output.png

1 hour ago, rootshell said:

Glad the updater is fixed!

About the installation, this is expected. As soon as you uninstall the previous version properly you will be able to select the installation folder again. Try going to the current installation folder and run the uninst file in there.

-Kris

@Tetsuo1981, I copied all your filters and I got 2000+ results, so my guess is that you are trying to force Lightspeed to match the artwork/roms contents and there's not enough matching artwork to produce a list. Try going to your "Options" tab and uncheck all boxes under "Match These Folders" and run the filters again. If your list is now populated, you can try to match the most important stuff first, for example: roms, then snaps, since those have a ton of files available. You can try checking one by one to see which one is causing the list to not be populated. When you do, check that artwork folder that's breaking it and you are very likely to find out that it's missing a lot of the artwork. Try it and let me know. Thanks!

Edited by Antropus
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Antropus said:

@Tetsuo1981, I copied all your filters and I got 2000+ results, so my guess is that you are trying to force Lightspeed to match the artwork/roms contents and there's not enough matching artwork to produce a list. Try going to your "Options" tab and uncheck all boxes under "Match These Folders" and run the filters again. If your list is now populated, you can try to match the most important stuff first, for example: roms, then snaps, since those have a ton of artwork available. You can try checking one by one to see which one is causing the list to not be populated. When you do, check that artwork folder that's breaking it and you are very likely to find out that it's missing a lot of the artwork. Try it and let me know. Thanks!

Cheers for the quick response. I'll have a stab and let you know.

31 minutes ago, rootshell said:

Actually i have two install locations, one local and one remote, and i wanted to update both by running the installer twice. Now i just copied over the binary after install.

That's true. I forgot that some people might want to do that. I will make two versions available on every release from now on, one as a installer and the other as zip file, with no installer for cases like yours.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Antropus said:

Sure thing! Try to imagine those boxes as additional filters working like all other filters, so only results that attend to all requests will be generated. If there's not 100% overlap on the results, no matches will be produced.

OK so keeping only ROMS checked gives me my filtered list, as does ROMS and Videos. All others that I have zips for (snapshot, flyer, cabinet, marquee, PCB and icon) break when checked then one by one on their own. Am I being a bit dense by keeping these folders zipped? Should I try unzipping them and revising my paths?

Again, cheers for the help and even if I can't suss artwork this is the only ROM manager I have used that works. Nice job!

1 minute ago, Antropus said:

I will make two versions available on every release from now on, one as a installer and the other as zip file, with no installer for cases like yours.

That would be awesome!

Once the stable release is out, I will certainly prefer and use the zip version so that I can create a separate LS folder for each MAME release in case I need to go back for any reason.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tetsuo1981 said:

OK so keeping only ROMS checked gives me my filtered list, as does ROMS and Videos. All others that I have zips for (snapshot, flyer, cabinet, marquee, PCB and icon) break when checked then one by one on their own. Am I being a bit dense by keeping these folders zipped? Should I try unzipping them and revising my paths?

Again, cheers for the help and even if I can't suss artwork this is the only ROM manager I have used that works. Nice job!

If the files are correctly named after the rom name, they should work still! Most artwork folders are parsed using the following extensions: png, jpg, bmp, 7z and zip. So if they are named correctly, even if they are zipped they should be parsed and should be shown in your listview.

15 minutes ago, Antropus said:

If the files are correctly named after the rom name, they should work still! Most artwork folders are parsed using the following extensions: png, jpg, bmp, 7z and zip. So if they are named correctly, even if they are zipped they should be parsed and should be shown in your listview.

Hmmm I downloaded a complete romset, chds and extras from a private tracker to make sure everything was complete. I've tried implementing the created list (both in XML and Attract Mode text format) and its still showing all ROMs and only their file extensions. Anything else I need to do? Sorry for the noon questions.

EDIT: I'm using Attract Mode FE for now

Edited by Tetsuo1981
More info given

4 minutes ago, Tetsuo1981 said:

Hmmm I downloaded a complete romset, chds and extras from a private tracker to make sure everything was complete. I've tried implementing the created list (both in XML and Attract Mode text format) and its still showing all ROMs and only their file extensions. Anything else I need to do? Sorry for the noon questions

Can you post a screenshot of one of the artwork folders containing the artwork that is not matching? Is it matched in the paths tab?