LaunchBox Community Forums

Lightspeed: Ultra-Fast Mame Importer Tool

Jason Carr

@JCSRT05, not sure what happened in there. Is it related to something Lightspeed did? I ask this because Lightspeed doesn't support Nintendo 64, so there's no way it would corrupt the Nintendo 64.xml file O_o

@Johnnydement, very true. I added support to .zip files inside artwork folders, so these should be recognized now. But for obvious reasons (HUGE hit in performance), those .zip files are not being verified and Lightspeed only trusts that you will have the right image inside of it. I wrote code to verify if the file is indeed in the .zip (or .7z), but as I said before, this is more of an audit thing, because depending on the size of your library, this can take hours (clrmamepro is a good reference when it comes to unzipping/zipping files. It's super fast, yet it takes hours...).

About the merged set, it's not ideal, but it *should* work. Exactly like what happens with the GUI present in the official mame, that does not recognize the children roms as present, because it doesn't deep scan the .zip files, Lightspeed doesn't either. So, although the games will be fully playable, if you try to force your list to contain only the present ROMS, a lot of them will be missing, so make sure that option is off!

@flores9, I did a fresh download/installation in a different folder, pointed to the correct paths (Softlists out of the ROMS folder, just like you have it), restarted Lightspeed and had no problems. Could you please post some screenshots of your paths tab, filters tabs, option tab and platform tab? Or even better, a copy of your .ini file?

@JCSRT05, I was able to reproduce it and I found the problem. It's duplicating the .xml games info on platforms not supported instead of simply bypassing them. I will have a new version with a fix today. Thanks for reporting!
The version posted should work on any brand new library, but if you have a library already populated with other systems, this will definitely cause headache. I will remove the download link for now. Thanks again!

Great to see you back with a new version. I really love it!

I just tested it and besides the issue that @JCSRT05 has reported I’ve also noticed that the release date parser doesn’t work for quite a few games. I can only speculate but I think it could be related to games which originally had those ‘export release’ notes because games like Captain Commando are affected by this.

19 minutes ago, CriticalCid said:

Great to see you back with a new version. I really love it!

I just tested it and besides the issue that @JCSRT05 has reported I’ve also noticed that the release date parser doesn’t work for quite a few games. I can only speculate but I think it could be related to games which originally had those ‘export release’ notes because games like Captain Commando are affected by this.

Thanks Cid! Do you mean the date is not correct or not present at all? You mean the date in Launchbox, not at the Lightspeed listview, right? Or both?

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Antropus said:

Thanks Cid! Do you mean the date is not correct or not present at all? You mean the date in Launchbox, not at the Lightspeed listview, right? Or both?

The year is correct but the day and month are set to January 1st. For example, that’s the case for Captain Commando while it clearly says in the notes November 1991.

It's also just in LaunchBox because Lightspeed only shows the year as far as I can see.

Btw. the file corruption is gone for me in Beta-2. Lightspeed now imports the games to my existing setup perfectly fine! :)

I’m wondering if it is too soon to ask for an additional feature?

You may or may not know that Jason has reworked the ‘Additional Apps’ feature in LB 7.7 to make it work better with clones. LB now automatically adds all clones as additional apps to the parent on import. You still have only one entry per game but you can also launch all clones within LaunchBox now. It would be great if Lightspeed could do the same.

You could use the LB importer to import your MAME ROMs to see how it works if you haven’t tinkered with it since 7.7 came out.

• Like 2

@flores9, can you post a screengrab showing the contents of your "SupportFiles" folder under the Lightspeed installation folder as well?

I also noticed something unusual in your setup, but I don't know if it might be related:
All your paths are set to "E:\EMULADORES\EMULADORES\" except your Roms and Softlists, which are pointing to "E:\EMULADORES\". They should be all at the same level, for example: ROMS, Flyers, Snap folders should be all inside of the mame root folder.

Edited by Antropus

1 hour ago, Antropus said:

About the merged set, it's not ideal, but it *should* work. Exactly like what happens with the GUI present in the official mame, that does not recognize the children roms as present, because it doesn't deep scan the .zip files, Lightspeed doesn't either. So, although the games will be fully playable, if you try to force your list to contain only the present ROMS, a lot of them will be missing, so make sure that option is off!

Will pick the split set then, ugg, 20Gb more... at least is not the system one, that CHD can go to Tb!

Your "Softlists.DB" file is corrupt for some reason. Just reinstall Lightspeed and you should be good. Not sure what happened in there.

Use this version instead, that has a bug fix mentioned above:

Version: 0183_Beta2
Date: 2/27/2017 10:55am

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B23vaxsfSk1yQUQ1aXZpSThpbUk/view?usp=sharing

Edited by Antropus

I have tried the 0183_beta2 now.

Instead of creating double information in the platform xml files not supported, Lightspeed now deletes the platform xml files.

I have tried to import the gameboy platform from software lists.

I also noticed that Lightspeed replaced my Emulators.xml with just one emulator for MESS, everything else is gone.

Keep up the good work. :)

@audunv, do you mean it's deleting the xml files and not recreating them correctly? It should read them into memory, parse everything and re-create the files at the end of the process. Are they simply gone at the end of the process?
About the emulators.xml, that's definitely concerning.

@CriticalCid, did you run into the same problem reported above? Did your other platform xml files get deleted as well? Making sure that this is not a permission related issue.

I know what's going on with emulators.xml. It's a little over-complicated the way I wrote the parser for it. I will simplify things tonight and get this fixed. I don't have anything imported by Launchbox in my library, so all my tests were done taking in account the stuff imported by Lightspeed only, which explain the problems related to other platforms not supported by Lightspeed, so your tests are definitely very appreciated and they will help to get things ironed out for everyone. Thanks!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Antropus said:

I know what's going on with emulators.xml. It's a little over-complicated the way I wrote the parser for it. I will simplify things tonight and get this fixed. I don't have anything imported by Launchbox in my library, so all my tests were done taking in account the stuff imported by Lightspeed only, which explain the problems related to other platforms not supported by Lightspeed, so your tests are definitely very appreciated and they will help to get things ironed out for everyone. Thanks!

But should not be any problem importing first with lights peed and then any other no? Or files become botched?