LaunchBox Community Forums

Lightspeed: Ultra-Fast Mame Importer Tool

Jason Carr

Amazing how fast you’ve added the consolidated ROMs feature. Thanks man, I really, really appreciate it! :)

Unfortunately is the data corruption issue back again when your LaunchBox installation already had some platforms in it.

corrupt.thumb.jpg.7a5e39fef0b5af87b53769dc1828a552.jpg

Two things that I’ve noticed regarding the consolidation feature:

1. The region tag for additional apps isn’t imported correctly. It uses the value of the developer instead of the region. Just look at the last screenshot that you’ve posted for Captain Commando, it says Capcom instead of World.

2. The hack “Supercharger 1942” for the game 1942 has an empty name. It’s the only game that I’ve found so far with this issue so I don’t know if there are other hacks/clones which are affected like this.

1942.thumb.jpg.8ac7e0ba88e8d19a13d9df88f71934f1.jpg

• Like 2

Quote:

And that's how I implemented it so fast. It doesn't work! Amazing, isn't it?

Amazing! If you need someone to help you writing some not-working code, give me a call: I can write not-working code like a charm! :D

Just dropped by to say I love your work and I hope to import my MAME set soon in LB! Thank you!

• Like 1

I have a few questions:

I keep my CHD's separate from my ROM files. How would I go about configuring the paths?
I am a regular at the PD, but I am not aware of box backs, cart pics, or other software lists pics in Progetto's collection. What are everyone using for these?
Will Lightspeed importer ignore my current imported list of Arcade games? ( I want it to actually)

Thanks for all the work with this amazing tool!

It also doesn't seem to work in 800x600 (My arcade cab CRT). I have tried using the display settings but it doesn't seem to change anything.

Edited by quazl

And just found another huge bug. If you import the SoftwareLists with the latest Lightspeed beta you’ll get a sweet crash report from LaunchBox if you try to start it.

crash.thumb.jpg.b303a5c5c5c6c1272bfab1bf30849d0c.jpgThis only happens for SoftWareLists games and it doesn't matter if you have the consolidate ROMs option checked or not (tested it). If you import Arcade only everything is fine.

23 minutes ago, CriticalCid said:

And just found another huge bug. If you import the SoftwareLists with the latest beta you’ll get a sweet crash report from LaunchBox if you try to start it.

crash.thumb.jpg.b303a5c5c5c6c1272bfab1bf30849d0c.jpg

This only happens for SoftWareLists games and it doesn't matter if you have the consolidate ROMs option checked or not (tested it). If you import Arcade only everything is fine.

This is related to the release date fix that happened in a previous beta, to address the "export" versions I believe. Funny that it just popped for you now.
Although it looks ugly, this is minor fix, but I need to be able to track where the problem is first. I know it's a pain, but would you be able to zip your entire "data" folder and sent it to me? I will unzip on my folder to see what's breaking. Thanks!

Oh, that's good. Thanks!
The game causing the date issue is called "Pier Solar and the Great Architects" and is for Sega Genesis. I will investigate why the date is not parsing correctly for it. Instead of showing a nonexistent month, which should be replaced with "01" for January, it shows the word "the" instead, causing the corruption :)

Edited by Antropus

Awesome work with the bug squashing Antropus! I have not tried out beta5 just yet, but had a quick question with the consolidating the clones with the parents. Since I already have all of the parent sets imported, should I just be able to set Lightspeed to import only the clones, and it consolidate them? Or should I go ahead and re-import parents and clones together?

Awesome work so far but I'm having a problem. When I filter any game, the output is always empty. Am I missing something. Here are some screenshots of how I have Filtered the games. I have tried to filter only CPS1/2/3 games but I get no results.

Thanks!

4 minutes ago, gerazz said:

Awesome work so far but I'm having a problem. When I filter any game, the output is always empty. Am I missing something. Here are some screenshots of how I have Filtered the games. I have tried to filter only CPS1/2/3 games but I get no results.

Thanks!

Frequently when a problem like this arises, the probability that it's related to the matching folders options is high, meaning that you might be missing artwork in a certain artwork folder and LS is forcing to match it, producing an empty list.
Try to check off all checkboxes on the right column of your "options" tab and run the filters again. If a list is now visible, that means that a folder path is not informed correctly, has artwork wrongly named or not present at all. If that's the case, you can try checking those boxes on again, one by one, to see which one is causing it to fail. Try it out and let me know!

30 minutes ago, Antropus said:

Seems like you posted the filtersA snapshot twice. Can I see your filtersB as well? (if what I mentioned above doesn't work).

Yes, my mistake. Here it is:

Thanks a lot!

Edit: It worked unchecking some of the artwork paths. but it corrupted some of my others xml files in the launchbox folder. I have the backups so i can change them.

Edited by gerazz

Is it possible to enable Windows scaling? You have to get really close to the screen if you have a resolution >1080p :-)
B7D5pav.jpg

When using the Updater to rebuild the DB via MAME -xml i get the following error:
0SXPsw7.png
I have 32GB RAM.

Edited by rootshell

Version: 0183_Beta6
Date: 3/4/2017 3:35am

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B23vaxsfSk1yRjlZYmI3cEk3VUE/view?usp=sharing

Change Log:
- Fixed the Crash happening during MAME.xml creation (out of memory)
- Fixed a bug causing the consolidated clones ROM info to be duplicated when merging games into the library multiple times
- Before modifying Launchbox's data folder, backups are now created automatically under the "launchbox\data\backups" folder, under a folder represented by date and hour of the backup. If something gets broken or corrupted, just refer to the folder containing the files before the corruption and you should be able to restore everything.
- Fixed a bug with a very specific Genesis game that was causing date format corruption
- Region is now correctly parsed for consolidated games

I tried to reproduce the file corruption mentioned above by hammering my library, exporting with either merging or overwrite and I could not get the library to corrupt, but you never know. As usual, please test and report.

Cheers,
-Kris

• Like 1