LaunchBox Community Forums

uploads still pending

cash84

I did 38 uploads/ edit on the Games DB a few days ago and they are still pending. Not sure if that area has been swamp with request but I would love to become a moderator to get rolling on this. I've been focusing on the Playstation Platform which seems they really haven't been updated. Thank you

Yeah I meant Launchbox Games Database. I would love to help with updating quickly. I have some time right now to get quite a bit done. The plan for me is to upload missing North America Front Box and Back box also if they exist, I'll be double checking to make sure they are labelled for North America (if they are correct)

I've spoken with some of the moderators and we're all a bit worn out. But this is not because of the endless stream of submissions. This is a good thing. But mainly because the stagnation of development on the gamesdb and features missing to make the job easier. I don't want to search for one game like 10 mins just to find out why the user has made an change to an existing entry that was perfectly good. Then the Developer dilemma etc. but it all has been talked about. I know that jason hasn't forgotten us and is working at it at the moment. So soon it'll be better. So don't worry!

Cebion said I've spoken with some of the moderators and we're all a bit worn out. But this is not because of the endless stream of submissions. This is a good thing. But mainly because the stagnation of development on the gamesdb and features missing to make the job easier. I don't want to search for one game like 10 mins just to find out why the user has made an change to an existing entry that was perfectly good. Then the Developer dilemma etc. but it all has been talked about. I know that jason hasn't forgotten us and is working at it at the moment. So soon it'll be better. So don't worry!
It doesn't help that I've been doing a massive cross country move off and on for about a month, so I've had very little desktop access for a while now. I'd love to burn through the queue as soon as possible when I get back up and running (I'm typing this on a janky old Android tablet right now.) But yeah, new features would always be welcome.

Thanks guys, I did finally wrap up support for deleting games over the weekend. I started to get into more changes but haven't wrapped any of it up yet (though deletions are deployed). Would like to hear feedback from you guys on the deletions if there's anything we need to change. The reasons, for example, could certainly be improved on as I'm sure there are some reasons for deleting games that I haven't thought of. Also, for moderators, what would you say is the next most important thing to tackle? Thanks all.

Jason Carr said Thanks guys, I did finally wrap up support for deleting games over the weekend. I started to get into more changes but haven't wrapped any of it up yet (though deletions are deployed). Would like to hear feedback from you guys on the deletions if there's anything we need to change. The reasons, for example, could certainly be improved on as I'm sure there are some reasons for deleting games that I haven't thought of. Also, for moderators, what would you say is the next most important thing to tackle? Thanks all.
Skipping submissions you are not familiar with / selecting which kind of submissions you want to moderate. ie) Only want to moderate box images for NES / Genesis I dont like moderating new game submissions because I have to go google a bunch of information to see if it is correct.

I'd like to see comments for submissions, so I can understand why people are trying to change things, and not just have to look at the existing entry and figure out what they are thinking. Also, support for alternate game titles would be huge, now that we have the ability to delete games.

FistyDollars said I'd like to see comments for submissions, so I can understand why people are trying to change things, and not just have to look at the existing entry and figure out what they are thinking. Also, support for alternate game titles would be huge, now that we have the ability to delete games.
Same for me. Thats the biggest point for me. Not for new games but for changes and deletions. And it must be a required field. Alternate titles also, too many changes from eu to us name and from us name to jap name and back again.

Thank you Fisty! I promise it won't be so long between updates to the games database going forward. We've made some incredible progress to the apps in the past few months so I feel like we can afford to spend some more time on the database here sooner rather than later.