LaunchBox Community Forums

Winkawak

kerszr

I hate the be the guy who says this because I always hated it when people said it to me but if you were to try the FB Alpha cores on RetroArch to play CPS-1, CPS-2 and NeoGeo you would never want to use Kawaks again. The video rendering is better and the controllers are usually preconfigured (I've used Bluetooth controllers where this isn't the case). If you need any help getting RA running this video will get you started and then any of the system tutorials that Brad has done will just build upon the knowledge you gained from the 1st video. Feel free to ask any questions if you still have issues.

Im playing my neo geo games on retro arch right now! (I didnt really know how to set up the cores) Im having trouble with the command line thing as seen (example in the picture below) what is the command line for CP1 and CP2 to recognize the core? Also, everyone is so friendly here its soooo awesome! http://imgur.com/gallery/YaxiapY/new

Either L "cores\fb_alpha_cps1_libretto.dll" Or replace the cps1 with cps-1. I'm not home and I don't recall exactly which it is. It would be the same for cps2. Also you can find the name of the cores from the core folder in Retroarch all you are doing is pointing it to the core file so the name in the command line will be identical to what the .dll file is named.