LaunchBox Community Forums

edit mame list after imported into LaunchBox

graf

I have imported over 2000 mame roms into launchBox but now there are so many games there that I would never play. Is there a easy way where I can delete the roms/game from LaunchBox ? Like I can delete the game from LaunchBox but if I re-import the mame roms again then the game will come back in. Is there a way where I can set up a favouriate list in MAME and just import the mame roms from that list ? Also how can I redit the mame to only import orgional roms. Or do I have to do it all over again ?

MAME doesn't quite work like that... the games are associated with 1 zip file in the folder, you can delete the files, or move them from the MAME folder but 1 files doesn't usually equal 1 game. MAME is carefully set up and a version of a game may require something you delete or move. Did you leave the Arcade importer as default? If you unchecked a few of the boxes I would say to re-run the importer either at default or closer to default. If you remove any of the files it may break something and then you'd either need to figure out what you removed and just get that (updated to the latest MME) or get a whole new set. I would suggest to favorite the games you do want to play. Then you can filter all of your games by being marked as a favorite. If you have the game details side bar open just click the heart when you click a game. As for ease of deletion, it has been suggest and in the BitBucket so that when you delete a game in LB it asks you if you want to delete the associated file, or in the case of DOS delete the entire game folder. So right now you'd have to delete the game then the file, but like I said above, I wouldn't do that with MAME.

Hi @graf, if you want a custom library with MAME, unfortunately the only good way to do it is to build it manually. Although favorites do work well too if you want to have everything and just show favorites at the top of the list. The other thing you can do is mark the games that you don't want as hidden. And then set LaunchBox/Big Box to not show hidden games.

I would use Antropus Lightspeed importing tool. There are enough filters included that you can completely and easily customize your game set. Easy as checking a few boxes. It will basically do exactly what you are wanting. https://www.launchbox-app.com/forum/emulation/lightspeed-ultra-fast-mame-importer-tool

Drybonz said I would use Antropus Lightspeed importing tool. There are enough filters included that you can completely and easily customize your game set. Easy as checking a few boxes. It will basically do exactly what you are wanting. https://www.launchbox-app.com/forum/emulation/lightspeed-ultra-fast-mame-importer-tool
We realistically have the same check boxes for what to import and what not to import though, it doesn't really solve the problem. This is more a problem with how MAME is handled. I did forget about the hidden marker in LB though, that would be the best option @graf

Thanks Drybonz. I just released the very first Wizard version. It should be easy as pie to understand, as it guides you every step of the way. It has many more filters available, listviews that allow you to refine your output list even further by deleting games you don't want or for adding custom clones you want to play even after all clones were filtered out. It can also create dummy roms so CHD and TTL games are also imported and playable as well. There's also a cool little feature in there that might fit the bill for you: the ability to automatically copy or move the filtered ROMS and CHDS to a folder of your choice, so you can have a very clean set with only the stuff you really play at the end. If you use it, just make sure to edit your mame.ini file so the rom path reflects the new, clean one... Give it a shot: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B23vaxsfSk1yRE4zWl9yYmhDNG8/view?usp=sharing -Kris