LaunchBox Community Forums

Game Master: R-TYPE

AutumnSounds

AutumnSounds said Oh my gosh! Can we just take a moment to appreciate that this R-TYPE animation is a thing and exists?
And the heroin saves the cocky boy! Laugh Dang, there's a fairly recent Sci-Fi film where that happens (there are probably groups of 'em)??? Side Note about cocky people: I'd have to admit, Testosterone has played a part in many of my life's trials and tribulations (self-inflicted). Laugh I have Super R-Type for the SNES, but haven't played it for years. That animation you posted seemed pretty spot-on, as best as I can recall. I remember when that game was released, many buyers were complaining about how if there was a lot of things going-on on the screen, the game would slow-down quite noticeably.

If you like R-Type look into getting R-Type Dimensions on the Playstation store and Xbox Live Arcade. I got it on the PS3 during one of their sales for something like 3$. It's R-Type 1 & 2 and you can swap (on the fly) between original graphics and modern slick graphics, really well done.

lordmonkus said R-Type Dimensions for something like 3$. It's R-Type 1 & 2 and you can swap (on the fly) between original graphics and modern slick graphics, really well done.
Thanks, LM. The cheapest I was able to find it was for $10 on Amazon (Digital Code 'version', whatever that is (non-physical copy on PSN?))

Yeah non-physical, I believe it was a digital only release. I always keep a few bucks on my PSN account and watch for their sales, can pick up some great games for dirt cheap if you are patient. No idea if Xbox Live Arcade does the same thing or not, don't own an Xbox but I would imagine they would do the same thing.