LaunchBox Community Forums

.bin to .iso conversion

Petrarch

4 minutes ago, lordmonkus said:

You aren't getting any push back, you are simply getting explanations about something that is completely unnecessary and I already told you that you can use the scan for added / removed roms tool that is available.

You are using Plex and EmulationStation as examples but those are very specific needs programs, they both know exactly what files are used by the system in place. In the case of Plex it knows to look for specific video files and in the case of EmulationStation it is using Libretro cores and again knows specifically what file types it needs. Launchbox is far more open ended and leaves all of that to the end user because different users use different emulators which of course have their own unique way of handling different files.

And just for the record, both myself and Dos76 are paying customers as well, we are not paid employees here.

The explanations, however, end up sounding like "We like it designed that way, and we don't see why you want an option for it to be the other way, so your request is invalid."  It's actually getting really frustrating.  Everyone talks about how they like LaunchBox because "it's simple," yet, when I suggest an option for an enhancement which would make it simpler in my use case, I get (paraphrased) "no, you just need to use it the way I use it."

Edited by Shaeree

4 hours ago, Shaeree said:

Round and round in circles... Never mind. NEVER. MIND. Forget I said anything. LaunchBox is perfect for everyone in its current state.  There is nothing wrong with LaunchBox.  It's totally perfect.

Jesus...

Nobody said anything of the sort. You have multiple options available to you for importing, options that have already been brought up more than once in this thread; options that you promptly disregarded. And hey, that's your right - if those options aren't satisfactory to you, feel free to create a ticket for your suggestion on bitbucket which will or won't be implemented depending on Jason's prerogative and priorities. Yelling about it to people that have nothing to do with Launchbox's development isn't going to get you very far.

And once you're done with that, you can drop the attitude. Not everyone is going to agree with your opinion; not in "real life" and certainly not on the internet. It's just vidjergames mang.

Me: Wouldn't it be cool if...

Y'all: NO.

Me: Wouldn't you like it if there was an option to...

... And I'm the one with the attitude.  No, I'm done. I thought this was the right place to offer suggestions and ideas, to bounce them off other people before they turned into actual feature requests, but it isn't.  Thanks, I'll use Bitbucket.

Edited by Shaeree

Perhaps you should go back and re-read the thread. No one told you "NO" to anything, you were simply told there was a different way to do things and the way you wanted wasn't 100% achievable in the current version of Launchbox there was a solution that was close to what you wanted and offered more benefits to other people at the same time.

At no time did anyone tell you straight up "NO", you simply chose to take everything that was said to you that way and you chose to get offended by it.

1 minute ago, Shaeree said:

Me: Wouldn't it be cool if...

Me: Wouldn't you like it if there was an option to...

...because they're entitled to their opinion just as much as you are. Again, nobody's under any obligation to agree with you.

Nobody said "I think your ideas are really stupid. Please stop having such stupid ideas. They're stupid."

They said, "Well, you can basically already do that. Here are your options."

...and then you proceeded to disregard that, went on a rant about how we think everything's "perfect" (I'm more than happy to share my list of created tickets if you really believe that), and seem to be under the impression that you're getting attacked or something.

5 minutes ago, Shaeree said:

... And I'm the one with the attitude.

Yes, yes you are. Something you're still clinging pretty hard to I see.

Everybody around here is pretty chill, I promise. Just don't assume that everyone is going to have the same opinion on what's best for Launchbox.