LaunchBox Community Forums

New Forums Bug Tracking

Jason Carr

Not a bug but a setting. I think that the default setting for email notifications should changed to off unless there's a major interest otherwise. When you turned on the new forums, I was getting spammed by all manner of posts people were making (mostly the beta thread where you were apparently getting dupes). I was at work and didn't realize that to log in and change those settings I also had to do a password reset (linked straight from the email). Soo my phone kept buzzing over and over. :)

• Like 1

As you can configure in which cases you want to get E-Mails maybe more moderate default settings for this would be a good idea. Right now you get E-Mails for everything.

Also I’m not quite sure where to post this, but I need the option back to tell my location in my profile. It’s the simplest way to excuse my bad English :D

For new posts, that should work correctly. Unfortunately the old posts that were transferred over didn't automatically show up that way though. I have that on my plate. :)

I assume that's what you mean @niglurion?

By the way, I just added a dark theme that I'm really liking. You should be able to switch the theme in the footer now. :)

• Like 1

I really like the new dark theme. Thanks Jason :)

I've also noticed that the administrators rank is red colored and the moderators rank isn't. Maybe you can change it to green or blue so that new users can see it more directly when a mod is responding to them. (Of course it would also push my ego to have a fancy colored rank :D)

• Like 3