LaunchBox Community Forums

What Kind of music do you listen?

nmc

So I just discovered Kate Boy today. Jesus Christ, "One" is a great album... listened to it from start to finish; some incredibly solid Synthpop with a very funky, groovy side and some Depeche Mode touches (When I Was Young, particularly) while still retaining their own distinct style. Comparisons to The Knife seem to be pretty commonplace but I've yet to hear anything from The Knife that I actually liked; though I love Chvrches and Purity Ring which were also repeatedly compared to The Knife, so what the hell do I know. In any case, I found it thoroughly enjoyable from start to finish. I'll definitely be keeping an eye on these guys in the future.

A few of my favorites (in addition to Northern Lights, above):

@Zombeaver I know you said you wasn't a big fan, and thats fine im a big enough fan for everyone! Had to post these though, MUSE are teasing a new song/video coming really soon, and i cant wait. Its only two years after there last album, which is a really quick turnaround for them, equal only to there first two albums, 1999-2001. Cant wait to here it and had to vent somewhere, so where better than a retro gaming site!! :)