LaunchBox Community Forums

What Kind of music do you listen?

nmc

1 minute ago, Zombeaver said:

Melodrama, her next album, is coming out June 16. I'm looking forward to it.

I always think of this scene though hahaha

lol, OK then, I guess that's a thing. I am currently trying to catch up on south park. I watched the first few seasons when they were originally on, then of course the movie (funny as f..k) then just fell off completely. I have recently been going back and watching from the beginning, i think I'm up to season 14ish,so a ways to go yet, disappointed in myself for dropping off on it. The "Logged Off" episode is brilliant!!

Yeah that's been a recurring thing in the show for a little while now - Lorde is actually Randy haha.

Have you ever listened to any stuff by Banks or Lana Del Rey by the way? Goddess, by Banks is, I would say, a kinda meh album but it's got some standout tracks like Beggin For Thread and Waiting Game.

I've never known quite what to make of Lana Del Rey to be honest, but I like her stuff even if it's a bit on the avant garde side. Of course, I like FKA Twigs too and I couldn't really tell you why. I feel like if Aphex Twin turned into some kind of weird female-led R&B band it'd be FKA Twigs.

2 minutes ago, Zombeaver said:

Yeah that's been a recurring thing in the show for a little while now - Lorde is actually Randy haha.

Have you ever listened to any stuff by Banks or Lana Del Rey by the way? Goddess, by Banks is, I would say, a kinda meh album but it's got some standout tracks like Beggin For Thread and Waiting Game.

I've never known quite what to make of Lana Del Rey to be honest, but I like her stuff even if it's a bit on the avant garde side. Of course, I like FKA Twigs too and I couldn't really tell you why. I feel like if Aphex Twin turned into some kind of weird female-led R&B band it'd be FKA Twigs.

Wow OK, ill have to look into all that, there is a lot to dig into there. Banks, is that the banks I'm thinking of? ill get back to ya.

9 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

OK, cool. just curious as you also seem to have a European slant to the music you like, which is awesome.. and I'm obviously in Europe but post a lot of American music!!

A lot of my favorite bands do happen to be from Europe, though I don't start out looking for them that way haha; it's just where I find myself ending up most of the time.

Chvrches, iamamiwhoami, Porcupine Tree, The Pineapple Thief, Mumford & Sons, Low Roar, Imogen Heap, Daughter... I swear it's not intentional hahaha