LaunchBox Community Forums

SEGA NAOMI, NAOMI 2, Model 1, Model 2, Model 3

8Phantasm

Should we add games to SEGA NAOMI, NAOMI 2, MODEL 1, MODEL 2, and MODEL 3 in the database?
I realize the games are in the Arcade section but I think it would be good to put them in their own platform as well.
Pretty much MODEL 1 is the only platform that is used in MAME... the rest use DEmul, Sega Model 2 Emulator, and Supermodel.
I had to import the NAOMI stuff as Arcade platform and it takes way too much manual editing after, such as renaming all the games.

As much as this seems like that could work it would just create duplicate games in the DB. Jason has mentioned a few time lately that he is about to address the issues of certain systems that use strange file naming convention and these platforms will be getting some love an probably the ability to parse the names correctly on import for the Arcade games you should be able to add them in as Model 3 games but use the scrape as feature to use the Arcade database to get the game info for them. Basically what I'm telling you is to be patient LB team is aware that these problem systems need help and they will be getting some love hopefully in the future.

• Like 1

I learned it from another user on the forums when I started and have been using that setting ever since. @Jason Carris there anyway this could be auto-populated by LB for Sega Model 2 and say for Demul  it could make 2 entries with the separate settings applied. The Model 2 settings are in the image above and I posted screenshots of the Demul settings in another thread earlier today this could easily solve users issues of figuring out how these things work. 

• Like 1