LaunchBox Community Forums

Mupen64plus Setup Tutorial (Launchbox Compatible)

Lordmonkus

I think the reasoning is the hardware needed to emulate it properly. Other systems of the same era have similar emulation issues. Dreamcast and Playstation 2 are far from what I personally would call a "good" state. They are in "ok" states in that some games play extremely well while others have major problems and the emulators themselves are very "hacky". Right now the only N64 emulators that look like they could have some potential to get to a "good" state is Cen64 and the Vulkan powered Retroarch core paraLLel which is based on Mupen but is going to be very different. Because Cen64 and paraLLel take a more low level emulation approach they have more room to grow as time goes on.

• 4 weeks later...

Citra is the only 3DS emulator that I am aware of and if you get an unofficial build which aren't freely distributed it is in a semi usable state. It's still very development for the emulator and games that work vs not work vary.

Luigis Mansion 2 just crashes on the build I have some other games run just fine.

• 1 month later...

Well, I tried it thanks to your tutorial! Gauntlet Legends looked much better than in the other emulators, but shortly after starting, the emulator crashed on my Win10 x64 box. :(

Do you set yours to run in Win 7 compatibility mode or anything like that?