LaunchBox Community Forums

Mupen64plus Setup Tutorial (Launchbox Compatible)

Lordmonkus

Ok, so Mupen64Plus on Win 10 is probably not the problem. The mupen64plus core in Openemu on my Mac laptop has the same exact issue where Gauntlet Legends will freeze at the same exact starting point as on my Win 10 box. Too bad because it looks way better in mupen64plus than the others.

• 2 months later...

To bad. I just tried GlupeN64 and that crashes when loading rom.
I can not use Vulcan, as i'm still on a Sandy Bridge i3.
With Mupen64Plus in retroarch i have choppy cut-scenes (every time a day passes for instance)

P64 has worked for me in the past, but i can not get full screen anymore, for some odd reason. 

So i guess i have to upgrade my CPU/Mobo/Mem or something.

Well, on the liberto site I saw that I can use retroarch 1.3.6 for Vulcan, core and options are there, but it does not work on my setup. 

I know that it is not the same as GlubeN64, but I wanted to try all options. 

I have all my emulators setup in Rocketlauncher, and in the past it just worked fine, now I get a small window when loading the rom. something is wrongly configured there. Tried to clean install everything in the past to solve it, but still the same after. It is set to full screen, but after I close P64 and reopen the checkmark is gone, and I have to retick the box, but it does not remember that. I tried different P64 versions for that. Drives me a bit insane to be honest. 

The Vulkan core unfortunately is not very good, it may be good in the future but for now it is not. I have had really good luck with the GLupeN64 core though and I like it more than PJ64 and the stand alone Mupen but I did make a separate install of Retroarch just for it since it was only with a nightly build could I get it to work.

• 3 months later...

I'm not at home so I can not try it. But would the controls work without an analog lever? I use the XinMo controller in Bartop, it works with retroarch, works with MAME.
Would it work with Mupern too?

PS. I can not see how to activate V Sync

To be perfectly honest I have no idea when it comes to your controller question.

As for the V Sync I believe that's in the config file somewhere but it has been a while since I even looked at the stand alone Mupen64plus. The Retroarch core is the best way to emulate the N64 right now.

3 minutes ago, lordmonkus said:

To be perfectly honest I have no idea when it comes to your controller question.

As for the V Sync I believe that's in the config file somewhere but it has been a while since I even looked at the stand alone Mupen64plus. The Retroarch core is the best way to emulate the N64 right now.

I have problem with shaders (retroarch and Mupen) 

Because the core I use for 2d consoles, it destroys Nintendo 64 graphics , I use only one shader for all 8-16 bit consoles

What I did was set it to no shader and then made a copy of the retroarch.cfg and moved it to the config folder and then in the associated platforms i set the command line for Nintendo 64 to:

-L "cores\mupen64plus_libretro.dll" -c "config\Nintendo64.cfg"