LaunchBox Community Forums

How to change platform background image

deanord

• 4 months later...

I still do not see the image I placed in Images/Platforms/[System]/Fanart in Launchbox as the platform background. I have videos as the background in BigBox due to a theme. I also created a Images/Platforms/[System]/Fanart - Background folder but it also does not display the background image behind the games for the platform. What am I missing?

Actually it's exactly what it does. It depends on theme and the chosen view if the default background behavoir is enabled or not. You said that you use a theme which uses a background video for the platform, if that's the case than you would have to manually replace the whole background code in the theme itself.

If you switch to the default theme everything should look as you expect it.

I see different behavior. I want to separate my Launchbox behavior from my BigBox behavior. In BigBox, I have a theme with platform videos. Yes, when I select a platform, the theme displays the platform video. However, when I am in Launchbox, when I select a platform from the left sidebar under platform categories, the background does not change until I select a game. I would like the background to change to the platform background in Launchbox when I select the platform in the sidebar.