LaunchBox Community Forums

How to use Xpadder to send alt-f4 with two buttons

Hi,

I need to be able to close some applications I launch from Launchbox (like Netflix).

I use an xbox360 usb controller and Xpadder with Launchbox.

Does anyone know how to configure Xpadder to send alt-f4 when pressing two buttons like the Back button AND the Right Trigger simultaneously?

I'm not having much luck googling this.

Thanks!

Yeah the thumbstick button is a good idea, but i use it already for the escape key to get out of all games from rocket launcher and back to LB.

Guess I will just leave a wireless mouse around when I use this computer as somewhat of a "cabinet". I just didn't want to have to tell anyone if they are in a TV app to use the mouse to close it in order to get back to LB. 

4 minutes ago, ckp said:

Oh thanks! I already use all the buttons which is why i was looking for a simultaneous combo press, but looking forward to seeing your screenshots. maybe i will figure something out to use it.

Yes, you can set them up to be a combination of buttons, that's what I'm saying. You basically assign one button (Back button, in my case) to switch input "pages" while held, then you go to that "page" and indicate what you want other buttons to do - including inputting a combination of keys (like Alt+F4). You could just assign one button to alt and one button to F4, but the problem there is that you're limiting those buttons to only be Alt and F4. Using Xpadder pages basically allows you to double, triple, etc. the number of usable buttons because it will only do specific inputs when you hold a specific combination of buttons.

Yeah what Zombeaver said.

Here is a quick run down on how to do this.

Pick a button such as the back button. Right click it > set selector > set 2 > while held.

Then click on the "2" tab at the bottom, this will put you on the 2nd set of mappings that will be active while holding the button you set above (back button in this example).

Now on tab 2 set the 2 buttons you want as your alt + f4 combo or just one button if you prefer.

Edit:
All of this is assuming you know how to set up Xpadder in the first place, if not there are lots of great tutorial videos out there.

• Like 1

Yep, that's it. For me I use Back + Left Bumper to exit emulators (I do it through Controller Automation via LB now), but if done through Xpadder I wouldn't actually have Back = Alt and Left Bumper = F4, I'd have:

Back = switch to set 2

Left bumper = Alt+F4 when pressed on set 2.

You could do it as an additional combination of buttons though, like lordmonkus said, so if you wanted you could have say:

Back = switch to set 2

Left Bumper = Alt when pressed on set 2

Right Bumper = F4 when pressed on set 2

So in this case you would hold Back + Left Bumper + Right Bumper to exit.

If you have premium, you get a kindof simplified version of this in Controller Automation. It's a bit easier/more intuitive but not quite as feature rich. It does what I need it to do though.

21 hours ago, ckp said:

I did not know about. Very interesting. But I already have Xpadder setup. so not sure I have any reason to switch?

Man, as I said, i used to use Xpadder too, but when i disconer Antimicro I only use antimicro now! Give it a try, if you don't like just keep usin xpadder :D

Edited by Pietro