LaunchBox Community Forums

X68000 - Mess Tutorial

Lordmonkus

I forgot to tell you something.

As this core is for now an alpha version, you need at first to change the ram allocated.

If you dont do this, some game won't start because they lack of ram

To do this, you need to boot with "HumanX" and then load "switch" command

In the "switch" menu, you can change the ram, at the first line

Maybe it did not work because of this.

Ok, I semi sort of understand what you are saying but few details would help me out. If you can explain "boot with "HumanX" and then load "switch" command" that would really help me out.

I can get into this menu here but I cannot see where to change ram size unless I am missing something. Is this the screen you are talking about ?591170bae6fdc_2017-05-0903_32_58-RetroArchpx68k0.15__Frames_1024.thumb.png.0d7a63fd31ffda6c826f4139baef3384.png

Progress has been made on the multi disk with the help of @Zombeaver

Basically for multi disk games you need to make a .cmd file which will become your "rom".

Make a .txt file which you can edit with notepad and in there put the following example text:

px68k "H:\Emulation\Roms\X68000\Akumajou Dracula (1993)(Konami)(Disk 1 of 2).dim" "H:\Emulation\Roms\X68000\Akumajou Dracula (1993)(Konami)(Disk 2 of 2).dim"

You will obviously edit the disk name and path to match your disk images and location. After you are finished making the .txt file save it and change the .txt file extension to .cmd

• Like 1

Just one last thing : load the core, go to Information, Core information, and look down on Firmwares required : for the 3 necessary bioses, is it said "present" ?

Now I see the games after downloading again the core

Enviado desde mi MX5 mediante Tapatalk

Thanks to Neilk1 on Discord he gave us a way to simplify combining double disk images into a single .cmd file. Make a .bat file and put the following text in it.

echo px68k %1 %2 > game.cmd

Drag your 2 disk images onto the bat file and it will out a game.cmd file, then rename it to something to distinguish it like Castlevania.cmd for example. You can then import the .cmd file into LB and load it through Retroarch.

• Like 2

Neilk1 did some more work and he gets 100% of the credit for this.

Here are 2 bat files to convert double disk images to a single .cmd file to be used as your rom.

This first one works like the above one, drag and drop 2 disks on to the bat file.

@echo off
setlocal ENABLEDELAYEDEXPANSION
set f2=%1
set raw=%1
set f3=!f2:Disk 1 of 2=Disk 2 of 2!
echo px68k %1 %2 > "!raw:~0,-18!.txt"

This second one is a more bulk convert method. Drop this bat file into your X68000 disk collection and run it. It will take all the 2 disk image games and generate the appropriate .cmd file for each game.

@echo off
setlocal ENABLEDELAYEDEXPANSION
for /R "." %%f in ("*(Disk 1 of 2).dim") do (
    set f2=%%f
    set raw=%%~nf
    set f3=!f2:Disk 1 of 2=Disk 2 of 2!
    echo px68k "%%f" "!f3!" > "!raw:~0,-13!.txt"
)

• Like 3