LaunchBox Community Forums

Tatio X Games Escape key?

latin625

Hmm. The script shouldn't require that to my knowledge simply because using that script isn't closing the emulator via the emulator's own close function. It's actually just closing the process following the corresponding keypress (in this case, ESC). In some cases this can actually create a problem - some emulators don't save settings changes properly if closed via this AHK method - MAMEUI for example. Using this script isn't sending a key input to the emulator - it's just saying "When you press this key, whatever you launched will close." You could create a AHK script that would send specific inputs to the emulator (like Alt+F4) but that's not what's happening with "Process, Close,  {{{StartupEXE}}}". Using  $Esc::Send !{f4} shouldn't hurt anything, but it wouldn't be sending an Alt+F4 input - it'd end the process and also send an F4 input.

I still use the AHK script for CCS64 because Controller Automation's close function doesn't work for it. You actually need access to Esc for navigating CCS64's UI however, so I changed $Esc:: to $End:: which closes the emulator when pressing the end key.

EDIT: 

Just now, Maddoc1007 said:

Whoops meant the Alt+F4 lol 

Ah, okay gotcha.

• Like 1

Yeah, RA covers a lot of the bases from the get go. Thankfully, some of the other emulators have ways to rebind the close function to a new key or combination of keys. MAME doesn't allow simulated keyboard inputs to be sent to it for whatever reason (which is why Controller Automation's close function doesn't work to close it) but it does allow you to assign a key or combination of keys for it's own close function, just like you would any other input in MAME (via the Tab menu) - I just set it up to close on Back+Left Bumper input which is the same keys I have assigned to close via Controller Automation.

CCS64 is a bit of an odd one. In fact, I think it might be the only one I'm still using AHK for. The  $End:: function can be changed to whatever key you want, I just needed it to be something other than ESC. I actually need to look into how to use an AHK script to hook into a combination of Xinput button presses. I know there's a way to do it but I haven't read up on it enough. I think the buttons are just "Joy1" through "Joy10" (the triggers might be something different though). I'm not sure how to do a combination of them though...

EDIT: Huh... looks like you just have to use "&" between them... I may have to try that.

EDIT 2: It says "except joystick buttons" though so maybe not...

https://autohotkey.com/docs/Hotkeys.htm#combo

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...