LaunchBox Community Forums

Resolved - Cannot Scrape NeoGeo roms Properly - Informational

djweevil

I'm trying to import my neo geo roms I've tried scraping as neogeo and also arcade it says it find all of the games but when it is done it only lists 7 games.

The roms are for mame the list lists them properly but after the scrape only 7 are left. I have the cps1 cps2 cps3 all separated so they show as separate entities but they are all for mame.

neogeo arcade.jpg

Thank you very much smarty pants it appears to be scraping them properly now. Although I don't understand because the roms were not listed under arcade. They are not in the mame roms folder. And were added from a separate folder. Does it scrape the mame ini file ? Also I added The name Neo Geo this time but i also ticked that box you said. At any rate thank you very much Jason you are the best. Cheers.

• Like 1

It's not based on the folder they're imported from - that could be anything. You could have roms imported from 10 different folders on your computer and put them all into one platform if you wanted to - it's based on what platform you tell LB to associate them with. If you tell LB during import "Hey LB, these are Arcade games that I'm importing." that's the platform LB will put them in after the import is complete. If you try to import files with the same file name again after that, unless you have "force importing duplicates" checked in the importer, it won't add anything new because it sees that you already have them in your library.

If you imported a bunch of MAME games beforehand and then imported some NeoGeo games afterwards, and there's duplicate file names between them, it's not going to pull them in again unless you force it to.

• 1 month later...

The last days i'm updating neogeo info and covers. The issue i'm scalating is my name changes is being rejected when i change titles like 3 count bout for 3 Count Bout/ Fire Suplex I've have to comment on this issue:

1: The name change is not for my personal feeelings. It's the naming that the scrapper assigns when the roms are imported (internal mame names). Without this naming the data scrapping fails.

2: The NeoGeo AES game cartridges are MULTIREGION/MULTILANGUAGE. There's no regional versions. Inside the cartridge are included all the versions with all the languages, the version is attached to machine and its bios not diferent cartridge editions. I consider more correct to this games to asign the double naming acording to mame database.

I know we are all waiting for regional data but in this issue, i think we need to make things different. Because this two points.

• Vlansix changed the title to Resolved - Cannot Scrape NeoGeo roms Properly - Informational