LaunchBox Community Forums

Any way to specify retroarch shaders for the device?

Tony

Still searching but being a noob, I just learned there's a way to switch shaders using "m" or whatever you set. It didn't work for me but I may have to change my config file in some way. I'll keep searching and update when I figure it out.

Edit: Still no luck. Maybe tomorrow. 

Edited by Tony

@Tony to cycle through shader presets you have to either save the shader which will make a copy of the preset inside the root shader folder or you can copy and paste the ones you want to use in the same location and then you can cycle through them with your keyboard or your controller if you setup the hot keys for it.

What I would do is duplicate your Gambatte_Libretro.dll (or whatever it's called) and rename the duplicate to "Gamebatte_Libretro_Color.dll" (or whatever you want) and then update your Retroarch emulator entry in LB to direct your Game Boy Color platform to that .dll instead of the normal one - now the two can have their shaders set separately. Load up a Game Boy game and set your shader. Load up a Game Boy Color game and set your shader. Done.

Normally I would just create an entirely separate "emulator" entry in LB for the purposes of dividing out certain options that I want to be able to quickly switch between (as mentioned in the post below) but so long as you have Game Boy and Game Boy Color divided into separate platforms, you wouldn't even need to do that - that method is what I use when I want to divide out the same platform for a number of different options.

9 hours ago, Zombeaver said:

What I would do is duplicate your Gambatte_Libretro.dll (or whatever it's called) and rename the duplicate to "Gamebatte_Libretro_Color.dll" (or whatever you want) and then update your Retroarch emulator entry in LB to direct your Game Boy Color platform to that .dll instead of the normal one - now the two can have their shaders set separately. Load up a Game Boy game and set your shader. Load up a Game Boy Color game and set your shader. Done.

Normally I would just create an entirely separate "emulator" entry in LB for the purposes of dividing out certain options that I want to be able to quickly switch between (as mentioned in the post below) but so long as you have Game Boy and Game Boy Color divided into separate platforms, you wouldn't even need to do that - that method is what I use when I want to divide out the same platform for a number of different options

I'm still working on setting this up but in the meantime, I found some Atari Lynx images, edited them and created a simple Lynx shader package for anyone interested. I couldn't find one anywhere on the internet. 

Also google drive link for visitors because I hate having to make an account to download things I come across on the internet. There's 2 versions, one for both models.

Edit: Still can't figure out how to switch between shaders on the fly, I did the above. Things would be so much faster with setting up my shaders if I didn't have to keep going into the RetroArch menu and manually choosing for each system. I'm addicted to trying out filters and after using emulators for years, it's great that we have some universal shaders to emulate bathing in the golden light of crt's, to paraphrase Bad Religion there. With Hyperspin, frontends were getting the love they deserved. With Launchbox + RetroArch, this is something else, *Hank Hill voice* I tell you hwhwat, it's taking it to another level. If I was 10 again, I never dreamed we could have such awesome setups. 

Untitled.jpg

Atari_Lynx_Shaders.zip

Edited by Tony
Add image & fix folder structure
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 3 months later...
On 19/09/2016 at 4:02 PM, Zombeaver said:

Normally I would just create an entirely separate "emulator" entry in LB for the purposes of dividing out certain options that I want to be able to quickly switch between (as mentioned in the post below) but so long as you have Game Boy and Game Boy Color divided into separate platforms, you wouldn't even need to do that - that method is what I use when I want to divide out the same platform for a number of different options.

The per core config functionality has changed to 'per core overrides'. As a result the duplicate dll trick doesn't work. Using tgbdual_c_libretro.dll and tgbdual_libretro.dll they both write their overrides to config\TGB Dual\TGB Dual.cfg. Can't figure out a workaround. Edit: Got something, sort of. Alternative suggestions welcome:

1. use the same dll core file

2. on the extra system, ie GBC for TGB Dual, add a command line switch like:

Nintendo Game Boy Color -L "cores\tgbdual_libretro.dll" --config "config\TGB Dual\tgbdual_color.cfg" True

3. Then disable core overrides, choose your shader and go to Configuration, Save New Config. 

Edited by dingodan

21 minutes ago, dingodan said:

The per core config functionality has changed to 'per core overrides'. As a result the duplicate dll trick doesn't work. Using tgbdual_c_libretro.dll and tgbdual_libretro.dll they both write their overrides to config\TGB Dual\TGB Dual.cfg. Can't figure out a workaround. 

It still works based on the last nightly I tested which had per core overrides:

• 1 year later...
  • 11 months later...