LaunchBox Community Forums

HyperMarquee support...

xzotic

1 minute ago, latin625 said:

Thanks again!!!!  I might come back and ask again, if  I cant get the marquee to show up through RL.  You run the Marquees through BB and NOT RL, yes?

Yes. Through BigBox. I have some free time this week I may try to mess around with other options. Hopefully I can help. 

• Thanks 1

Hi Owls21,  I use this https://express.google.com/product/674814359579049027_8335120877746603284_9090995?mall=Rockies1&directCheckout=1&utm_source=google_shopping&utm_medium=product_ads&utm_campaign=gsx&dclid=CNnf4KCGutgCFVMDNwod0MIAsQ

LG34 UM61 it works great and is a bit affordable too. =)   I would HIGHLY suggest getting a ULTRA WIDESCREEN, but the model is up to you.  Just make sure it is UltraWide Screen.  Regular monitors will work too, but I like the low profile.

$299 but I am sure you can do a little better on Ebay or Amazon.  I paid about $229 for my used one on Ebay.

Edited by latin625

Retro, I got it sorted out using the suggestion you had.

Works like a CHARM!

I made ALL my games in MAME 1 monitor and then customized the games that I needed to be two monitors to just that.  Punchout, SuperPunchout, etc.  BigBox handles all marquees and Rocketlauncher handles the bezels.  Thanks again for the thought process!

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, latin625 said:

Retro, I got it sorted out using the suggestion you had.

Works like a CHARM!

I made ALL my games in MAME 1 monitor and then customized the games that I needed to be two monitors to just that.  Punchout, SuperPunchout, etc.  BigBox handles all marquees and Rocketlauncher handles the bezels.  Thanks again for the thought process!

Ah nice! Glad it is sorted. Sometimes it just takes some external participation to sort things out. I am tinkering away trying to learn RocketLauncher so hopefully we can help each other out again along the way. 

1 hour ago, latin625 said:

Hi Owls21,  I use this https://express.google.com/product/674814359579049027_8335120877746603284_9090995?mall=Rockies1&directCheckout=1&utm_source=google_shopping&utm_medium=product_ads&utm_campaign=gsx&dclid=CNnf4KCGutgCFVMDNwod0MIAsQ

LG34 UM61 it works great and is a bit affordable too. =)   I would HIGHLY suggest getting a ULTRA WIDESCREEN, but the model is up to you.  Just make sure it is UltraWide Screen.  Regular monitors will work too, but I like the low profile.

$299 but I am sure you can do a little better on Ebay or Amazon.  I paid about $229 for my used one on Ebay.

Thanks @latin625

I have a 27 inch 16:9 screen in my cabinet. I'll have to do something that is close to the width of the cabinet, but I also want to avoid using a marquee screen that dwarfs my gameplay monitor.

Edited by Owls21
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Guys, I have just setup my second monitor to display marquees (which is totally freaking awesome!), but I'm having a minor issue, which could be a software bug.

I have a Platform Category named "Arcade", and within that category I have a Platform also named "Arcade" - both of these names were auto-generated by Launchbox, of course, and I need to keep my platform category named Arcade to work correctly with RocketLauncher.

I have a different Clear Logo/Banner setup for the Platform Category and the Platform (though both images are named "Arcade"), but when i enter Big Box initially the marquee that is displayed for the Arcade Platform Category is getting pulled from the Arcade Platform images folder for some reason. If i change platform categories in Big Box and then go back to Arcade it usually sorts itself out, but it would be nice if that didn't happen all the time at startup, as i have the clear logos/banners for the platform categories made with the same style.

Has anyone had a similar issue? Is there any way I can force that marquee to what I want it to be, like set an absolute path to the image or something? Or could it be a bug in the software? Let me know if you need me to provide any more info/screenshots, etc..

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have the same setup for platform and platform categories and both pull the correct image from the correct folder without needing to do as you said you have to do.

If you go into the image folder for each of those do you have only 1 unique image in each folder or does one folder have two arcade images? You can have multiple images in the folder and BigBox will scroll through them each time you make a new selection. For example you could have 3 marquee images for Platform Arcade named Arcade-01, Arcade-02, and Arcade-03 and each time you select the platform arcade it will show a different image. 

Edited by Retro808

Hi Retro808, I DO only have 1 unique image in each of the folders. I've captured a video, below, showing both screens and the issue, which I can now reproduce every time by hitting Escape to go to the Options view and then Escape again to bring me back to the Platform Categories view, where i will see the incorrect marquee image. The end of the video shows that I have the images placed correctly in their folders where they should be.

I know I can set a direct path to the video to be used for each platform and platform category in LaunchBox, but there is no option to do the same for default images, which I think would fix my problem. Anyone know if there is a LauchBox config file that I can look at to see where this is being defined?

Have you tried a different theme to see if it occurs to eliminate it being a bug in the theme?

I use a two monitor set-up as well and similar platform/platform category and do not experience this. The image folders you showed are the direct folders the platforms and platform categories look to for images so it is not an image location issue.  Also if you refresh the image cache does it stop the issue from occurring? Curious if that helps and then if you reboot does the issue resurface.   Just spitballing some ideas. 

Thanks for your help here, Retro808. I've tried all of the image cache options and rebooting, and I've just tried a few other themes, including the default theme, and I am still getting the issue. I think I'm going to bite the bullet for now and just rename my Arcade platform category to "Arcade Games". I am thinking this should work, and since I'm using images for the wheel instead of just text,  the image will say  "Arcade" anyways, hopefully using the correct images. I'll report back shortly ;)

Edited by MeanGreene13
missing space

Well, changing the Platform Category name to Arcade Games seems to have fixed things... somewhat. I don't get the incorrect image anymore, but occasionally I'll get just a black marquee screen now - I can reproduce this every time in the same way as before, by hitting Escape from Platform Categories view to bring me to options, and then hitting Escape again to go back to Platform Categories. I get a black marquee screen every time I do this, and this is happening for all of the other platform categories as well, which I never noticed before. I can live with this, however, as long as its not showing incorrect images. 

Retro808, or anyone else, does this happen for you when coming back from the System/Options screens? Or are you just seeing the marquee image you would expect to see all of the time?

The name should not be an issue, but if it works you may have found a bug. Keep us posted. 

edit:

Well looks like you responded same time @MeanGreene13. I have not experienced this issue and I did not think that name change would really fix it. My marquee images show up correctly. What version BigBox are you on? Wondering if you are on a beta or a stable release. 

Edited by Retro808

I don't use marquees, so take this with a pinch of salt, but have you tried putting them in the theme you are actually using's folder? Images in the theme folder are loaded as a priority over the images in the default folders, (this allows you to have different images and videos for different themes) might be worth a look.

I am also wondering if it is possible to set priorities for what images are used for Marquees? I would like to set all Marquees to use only the Clear Logo images, as that set of images is usually more complete and uniform-looking than either Marquees or Banners. I know I can set priorities for other image types in Tools > Options > Images, but Marquee Priorities isn't included in that section of the UI. Platform Categories and Platforms both seem to default to using either the clear logo or banner images, but arcade games seem to like the actual marquees. Can this be changed?

(I know I'm being kind of nit-picky here, but I have this beast setup and looking so good right now, I want everything to be perfect ;))

Edited by MeanGreene13
spelling

1 minute ago, MeanGreene13 said:

I am also wondering if it is possible to set priorities for what images are used for Marquees? I would like to set all Marquees to use only the Clear Logo images, as that set of images is usually more complete and uniform-looking than either Marquees or Banners. I know I can set priorities for other image types in Tools > Options > Images, but Marquee Priorities isn't included in that section of the UI. Platform Categories and Platforms both seem to default to using either the clear logo or banner images, but arcade games seem to like the actual marquees. Can this be changed?

(I know I'm being kind of nit-picky here, but I have this beast setup and looking so good right now, I want everything to be perfect ;))

Hmm you are quite right, there should probably be a Marquee option there also, @Jason Carr any thoughts on this?