LaunchBox Community Forums

ESC Key and Big Box

Styphelus

is this issue that you really have to press escape many time, or you just have to wait for it to switch after the first press? because it's always forced me to wait for a long time going from options back to platforms.

so, i'm hoping the fix that is coming will fix me too!  =D

the same exact thing used to happen to me in 6.8 when using VLC until you fixed that issue in 6.9. did you leave that bug fix out of this beta somehow?

Fault bucket 120556312958, type 4
Event Name: APPCRASH
Response: Not available
Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:
P1: LaunchBox.exe
P2: 6.10.0.3
P3: 57e2ff93
P4: libvlccore.dll
P5: 2.2.2.0
P6: 00000000
P7: c0000005
P8: 0000000000079c17
P9: 
P10: 

Attached files:
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER6BD2.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml
\\?\C:\Users\cpaulino\AppData\Local\Temp\WER779B.tmp.appcompat.txt

These files may be available here:
C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\AppCrash_LaunchBox.exe_bc1a426669fba3c1888de5be66dacfe17ea613b_9ef2770c_15bde066

Analysis symbol: 
Rechecking for solution: 0
Report Id: ac97baee-3a57-41f0-8ba6-91faed3a1843
Report Status: 1
Hashed bucket: c8c59b16628aab92e0b965e993ae1669

Faulting application name: LaunchBox.exe, version: 6.10.0.3, time stamp: 0x57e2ff93
Faulting module name: libvlccore.dll, version: 2.2.2.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0000000000079c17
Faulting process id: 0x2008
Faulting application start time: 0x01d2145cd232ec7a
Faulting application path: R:\LaunchBox\LaunchBox.exe
Faulting module path: R:\LaunchBox\VLC\x64\libvlccore.dll
Report Id: ac97baee-3a57-41f0-8ba6-91faed3a1843
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID: 

.NET runtime:

Application: LaunchBox.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: exception code c0000005, exception address 000000006E3F9C17

2 hours ago, ckp said:

the beta 3 didn't fix my stuck navigation from Options and back to the platform list unfortunately. i still have to wait several seconds before it makes the switch in BB.

Do you mean that sometimes it refuses to accept your keypress and you have to press it again? Or do you mean that you just have to wait a second or two before it goes back? The latter is by design if things are still moving in the interface.

13 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

Thanks, @ckp. LaunchBox and Big Box actually use separate VLC integration engines, so the fixes we put in for Big Box wouldn't apply for VLC in LaunchBox. I'll look to see if there's an obvious fix.

The crash issue I'm now having in beta3 is with LB (not BB). It's the same exact issue I had before with LB until you fixed it the last release. But now it's broken again. It always worked with vlc inside my BB for all versions. 

23 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

Do you mean that sometimes it refuses to accept your keypress and you have to press it again? Or do you mean that you just have to wait a second or two before it goes back? The latter is by design if things are still moving in the interface.

Ok, on <=6.9 before beta 3, anytime I went into BB and went from the platforms wheel to the settings area (back button on my xbox360 or using keyboard) and then selecting Options, if I go back to the platform wheel (2 back button taps away), without even making a single setting change, the back press leading to the platform wheel would hang there for several seconds (not 1 or 2) before the platforms wheel would show up again. I could press Back a bunch of times, but it would not go back until waiting it out (kind of like the LB hangup exiting from Manage Platforms, although that is much better in the beta 2+ now in LB).

The only difference I see for this in my BB in beta 3 is that now it seems that after I wait for the "hangup" (about 7-8 seconds) going back to the platforms wheel, it will now require me to press Back yet one more time and then it goes right back. In 6.9 I just waited it out and 2 back presses got me back. Now in beta 3 i go 2 back presses, wait for the hangup period, and then press a 3rd back.

So now it's actually slightly worse for me, haha. I hope I explained this clear enough. Let me know if it's still not clear.

Edited by ckp

just got this LB error popup window with beta3:

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at (Object , ElapsedEventArgs )
   at LaunchBox.Program.TimerElapsed(Object sender, ElapsedEventArgs e)

after a demul game started. using win media player for videos.

Thanks, @ckp, I get it now. I didn't know you were referring to the Options thing. The various views in Big Box are being reconstructed when leaving options because of possible changes. There's certainly plenty I can do to clean this up yet, but that in particular has not been addressed; I expect that's what's going on. The saving should be going on in the background now but if you're still seeing delays that's probably not the issue. To be honest it's not the highest of priorities but I will review it again here at some point.

I actually just fixed that error above as well in beta 4. :)

50 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

I actually just fixed that error above as well in beta 4

hoping you mean the error when using vlc as video player. i can't reproduce the other error (System.NullReferenceException) at will so don't know how often that one happens