LaunchBox Community Forums

Weirdness when replying to topics

ckp

Sometimes, not always, when I click Quote on someone's post so I can add a note to their comment, the forum has weirdness where it won't let me submit, or it will even add some other quote not related at all to the quote i clicked on and it will have one of my previous quote replies from some other topic. When this happens, I just have to submit a comment without quoting. It's really weird. I usually use Safari on my Macbook when using the forums.

Guest Kirsten Marie

huh, That is interesting! We aren't really sure why that would be happening, but Jason is going to check it out. Thanks so much for letting us know! :)

5 hours ago, Kirsten Marie said:

huh, That is interesting! We aren't really sure why that would be happening, but Jason is going to check it out. Thanks so much for letting us know! :)

Sure. Hoping this quote reply will work. Haha. :) 

Seriously though, while it's annoying but not so often, it's not a major issue for me. I just thought I'd report it.

I'd much rather have your time spent on LB development than forum dev - hahahaha.

Thanks!

Agree its not something that usually happens just today for some strange reason and I agree totally Jason's time is better spent on his developing.  But it has happened on several occasions that i had to resort to copying what i was posting then clicking on activity, going back into the thread and pasteing and retrying to send what i was trying to send.  Phew.

ps just happened again while trying to post this.

I couldn't reply or post anything from any device so I tried to sign out and it kept failing to do so then I went to a private browser started a new account and when I went back to my regular browser and signed into the new account then signed out and signed into my account it started working again it was totally strange. Actually when I tried to post this reply with my regular account it won't work again

Account Issues.JPGOkay when I try to edit a post it looks like this at 1st then when I refresh it reverts to the original post. I tried to then re-edit my last edit that succeeded and that then was giving me the same results. Also while trying to add a image with my original account I was getting this error message.ErrorUploadingFile.JPGI refreshed it then it let me add an image but when I went to add a 2nd one I got the same error message also when I try to sign out it takes at least 2 tries and it throws this error message.SignoutError.JPG I don't have a clue what the issue is but it seems to be specific to my account hopefully we can get this solved because it is driving me nuts not being able to post at will.

3 hours ago, DOS76Alt said:

Okay when I try to edit a post it looks like this at 1st then when I refresh it reverts to the original post. I tried to then re-edit my last edit that succeeded and that then was giving me the same results.

i get that often.

i can usually get around it. when you are unable to login, does it fail to login if you open a private or incognito browser window? if it lets you in that way, then try clearing your browser cache of all LB stuff. it can carry across devices if you use browser syncing. just a thought, but you probably already tried that.