LaunchBox Community Forums

Final Burn Alpha Questions

angelobodetti

Hi All,

So I followed the tutorial and got FBA up and running - I had a ton of issues with full screen and controls so I deleted it and just went with the RetroArch core (which is working well).

With that being said, I have MAME up and running without any issues at all. Is there a reason I would want FBA over MAME? Are there specific systems/boards within the FBA umbrella that MAME can't emulate?

I'm asking because now I have over 1,000 duplicate games that are loaded in 2 different platforms. I would rather have the games loaded once with only the best emulator.

Any help is appreciated!

There is no "good" reason that I can think of to use FBA over Mame other than some personal preference reason.

I put good in quotes for a reason and that is because the only reason I have some FBA games setup separately from Mame is for NeoGeo and the Capcom CPS games with Retroarch shaders. But now with the newer versions of Mames BGFX shaders make Retroarch shaders not so big of a deal.

FightCade also uses FBAlpha, so people who are happy with its selection and don't want to deal with another arcade emulator might go with it. I haven't used it in a bit since I really figured out MAME but it's more intuitive as well iirc, at one point it was the only place I could get to play my NeoGeo roms. But yeah, if you're comfortable with MAME it's probably not necessary.

• 2 weeks later...