LaunchBox Community Forums

Cave shooters MAME 0.178b

master333

Every Cave game I try Deathsmiles, Much Muchi Pork on MAME 0.178b is stuttery to the point of unplayability. I try F8 & F9 to sort it but nothing really helps.

Has anyone got these running buttery smooth or do I need another emulator or am I missing an important video option??

i7 4970

gt 980ti

16gb ram

Try Final Burn Alpha as the emulator for those games. If they are already set up, just edit that specific game and change the emulator to FBA. You will need to add your MAME rom path to the rom paths for FBA so it knows where to look for any BIOS it may need, otherwise you're trying to load games with no direction.

If you need more help:

Thanks both for your input.

FBA didnt have all the CAVE games supported so it was a no go.

Demul works amazing! but @DOS76 Please can you let me know the rest of your instructions so I can run these games from LB instead of Demul standalone?

I have a platform called Cave which I have added into LB Demul emu settings as default platform and added your code above but when I double click nothing happens! I need the rest of your instruction. Thanks.

You add your platform to the associated platforms tab (the names need to match), and add -run=cave3d -rom=  as the default command line parameter. Back on the first tab for the emulator are check boxes, there is on here that says "Primarily for demul", check that and you should be good to go.

Gah, I got the names of the emulators confused (this is what I get for not checking first). You're on the right path though. Check the "Use file name only" box. The nullDC check box shouldn't be needed. I know Final Burn Alpha needs the left 2 checked, but demul might only need the bottom one (of those 3).

It has not worked.

I have the cave games in zip files and I also have demul as an associated platform for dreamcast.

The Cave games work fine in Demul without Launchbox so its not the zips and its not Demul!!

I have the games in a mame folder but demul is pointing to it and again it works in demul.

Any other ideas?

if associated platforms page is set properly (system names match, proper command line), the check box combination is set (It might be both on the left or just the bottom one), the roms and bioses path is set, you should be good to go. Though in demul's case, I guess this is why users resulted in creating multiple entries of demul instead of using the associated platform, because now the BIOS path is potentially wrong for the other systems.

Fixed it - all the issues - it was a typo!

-run=cave3d -rom=  is what you said

-run=cave3rd -rom= is what was needed. Now it runs using LB and Demul.

Now I see Demul doesnt support as many Cave games as MAME so I reinstalled MAME and used bgfx video option now all games work in MAME and run smooth!

Thanks guys and take note of the typo!

Edited by master333