LaunchBox Community Forums

Resolved - No pokemon games??? - Informational

Naddel81

What I did was call them "Pok", manually search and selected the game from the drop down. I went through, I believe, every system with a Pokemon game and edited their e out for a regular one. Even removed a few duplicates and a lot of rom hacks, but it will take a while for it to take effect. It requires 3 moderators approval, then about 24-48 hours from that point to be available for download within LaunchBox, after you run the update process for the Database file in LaunchBox, which happens automatically when there is an update available and you try scanning the database

Yea, just now seeing the screen shot, that will do it. It's also worth noting, just in case, that Pokemon Green on Game Boy is only Pocket Monsters: Green too. It was only ever released in Japan, so I've also requested that to be changed as well, so if you see "Pokemon Green" show up at all, you know why.

Switching the é with a regular isn't the solution we should be going for. We need to adjust the database so it can work with the é and so that it finds pokemon even if we search without the special chars.

I rejected all the changes from Pokémon

Except that yes, for now, it needs to be. Alternate names are coming, but they're not here yet. There is a bug with special characters that is also being fixed, but that can't fix the inherent problem, and it's that character. It breaks scrapeability in the end right now regardless, so it should be changed.

3 hours ago, SentaiBrad said:

Except that yes, for now, it needs to be. Alternate names are coming, but they're not here yet. There is a bug with special characters that is also being fixed, but that can't fix the inherent problem, and it's that character. It breaks scrapeability in the end right now regardless, so it should be changed.

Or we let alex do his database magic :P

Hopefully Alex can get this fixed soon, yes, but Brad's right that scrapeability should be our #1 priority. It's super easy to mass fix all the Pokemon games with the correct character after we fix the scraping issue. That said, it's a multi-step process to really fix the issue. The database needs to be fixed as well as LaunchBox itself in order to recognize either one. In fact, I think we'll make a mass change to all of them in the database itself for now. This will bypass moderation completely. For now, please do not attempt to add back in the é.

• Vlansix changed the title to Resolved - No pokemon games??? - Informational