LaunchBox Community Forums

Sega CD 32x

Newlander

I have them separated in my collection since my Sega CD games use the Genesis GX Plus core and Sega CD 32 games require Pico Drive so I would either need a 2nd instance of RA with them mixed in. I could have added them to my 32X section and they would have launched fine but I just made a separate platform instead. I haven't been able to find any good artwork for it really though I feel as most content creators don't consider CD32X its own platform

It's easier for me to keep them in the same collection and just use a custom command line to force the 32X CD games to the core needed on a per game basis.

Check mark custom command line parameters on the emulation tab when editing a game and enter in -L "cores\picodrive.dll" if you are using retroarch

Edited by keltoigael

11 hours ago, keltoigael said:

It's easier for me to keep them in the same collection and just use a custom command line to force the 32X CD games to the core needed on a per game basis.

Check mark custom command line parameters on the emulation tab when editing a game and enter in -L "cores\picodrive.dll" if you are using retroarch

That is an easy way to force the game to play the 32x versions.  However, the box art and disc art will be wrong in some instances, and the screenshots will be wrong in all instances.  If they are added to their own system, like I just did, then at least the scraped data will be correct.  I am not 100% done yet, but they are done for the most part.  And everything entered should be correct.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
On 10/1/2019 at 8:59 PM, klepp0906 said:

yep, im only a good 3 years late on this one, but did anyone ever come up with assets for this platform?  Juuust ran into this :P

Well I have 2D And 3D Boxes made for it under Sega CD or Mega CD in The Downloads Section

yea i found some stuff, i imagine the rest will be out there.  Im only a few days old/deep into using launchbox so still finding my way around the site etc.

this thread is what google handed me so i ran with it :P

I didnt even know what i was looking for exactly, as I didnt know what the different pieces of media in bigbox were called lol.  Turns out it needs a clear logo and platform banner for starters ^^