LaunchBox Community Forums

Exit any emulator

Soulchip

2 hours ago, DOS76 said:

I'm glad I got the zero delay encoders for my arcade machine and the controllers are seen as gamepads and not keyboards but this sounds like it should be a great add on for people who don't.

I have never experienced delay en my arcade, I didn't know that was a problem, so I think that ultimarc have good hardware.

Zero Delay is just the name of them they are like the ultrimarc or ipac ones except they are much cheaper and you need one for each controller so you need more powered USB ports. Here is a link I bought mine in a set with the buttons and joysticks also included but the encoders are reasonably priced and so far in my experience work very well. The fact they are seen as gamepads is a nice feature that I didn't even realize I was getting when I purchased them.

Edited by DOS76

I have to disagree here, if an AHK script is a bandaid then RocketLauncher is a full body cast to fix a broken finger. A simple AHK script to close a program which is essentially how RocketLauncher achieves this functionality in the first place but now people are having to set up an entire convoluted launcher which is a whole mess in itself to get working.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, bundangdon said:

Point taken, but it's WAY better than nothing. Also, Rocketlauncher gives plenty of other very nice options which are not (yet) available in launchbox, as I mentioned before and it's not that difficult to set up. And the script for an autohotkey that you guys have been working on seems more like a "band aid" to me since it only has one function. I feel that if you really care about your emulation setup, Rocketlauncher is very much worth the effort of adding the systems in there. Don't knock it until you try it :) 

The script is easier, it took a few minutes of reading and understanding how AHK works and that was it, no need to setup my 44 emulators on rocketlauncher, I just added the script at the windows initialization and now all the emulators exit no matter what, no need to even configure the emulators.

What is even better, if launchbox adds the exit functionality I do not have to go back to launchbox and leave rocket launcher, i just remove the script and everything is back to normal. A lot less work.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Soulchip said:

The script is easier, it took a few minutes of reading and understanding how AHK works and that was it, no need to setup my 44 emulators on rocketlauncher, I just added the script at the windows initialization and now all the emulators exit no matter what, no need to even configure the emulators.

What is even better, if launchbox adds the exit functionality I do not have to go back to launchbox and leave rocket launcher, i just remove the script and everything is back to normal. A lot less work.

Adding functionality would certainly help things for everyone though I do now know how difficult the task.

Personally I have an xPadder macro programed so when I hold 'Select' and press 'Start' it counts as the 'Esc' key, though that only works for about half my emulators.

Just now, lordmonkus said:

It is something that does need to be added and Jason even said this on the first page.

Instead of having x-padder to do and "escape" key press why not have it be an alt +f4 key press ? You also can easily have both if desired.

I tried that but some emulators tend to act up when Alt+F4 is pressed instead of closing out (Stella, ePSXe, etc.)

On 11/5/2016 at 8:11 PM, Soulchip said:

This transforms my z key in alt+f4, you save this file to .ahk, then compile it to an exe and that's it, execute this baby and you are ready to close everything there is...ofcourse, do not touch this key while in bigbox, it will close it too hahaaha.

alternatively you do not need to run this ahk all the time if you don't want to. you also have the option to put this script in each of your LB emulator's ahk tabs so the only time the press is listened for, is when the emulator and game is running. so this way pressing the key when just in BB for example, won't do anything. just an option.

Edited by ckp

14 hours ago, ckp said:

alternatively you do not need to run this ahk all the time if you don't want to. you also have the option to put this script in each of your LB emulator's ahk tabs so the only time the press is listened for, is when the emulator and game is running. so this way pressing the key when just in BB for example, won't do anything. just an option.

Oh yes of course, but the script already does this job, if you press the button less than 3 seconds the key will just do the normal funcion (in my case, pressin z, which is my left pinball button), the key will only function as alt+f4 when pressed more than 3 seconds.

On 2016-11-13 at 11:11 AM, Soulchip said:

Oh yes of course, but the script already does this job, if you press the button less than 3 seconds the key will just do the normal funcion (in my case, pressin z, which is my left pinball button), the key will only function as alt+f4 when pressed more than 3 seconds.

I don't have a coded answer, but AHK is relatively easy to program so that all or portions of its scripts are application and even game specific so it can even  be used to create combo button sequences for some fight games.

• 5 years later...

After doing a ton of research I found this to be the best script to use. The "~" before the key does the pass-through of the key so you can get rid of the whole last part of your script.

~z::
    duration := 0
    If GetKeyState("z","p")
    {
        start := A_TickCount
        While GetKeyState("z")
            Sleep, 1
        duration := A_TickCount - start
    if (duration > 3000)

WinClose, ahk_exe {{{StartupEXE}}}

}
Return