LaunchBox Community Forums

Clear logo size? shrinking larger image

damageinc86

Is there an option to have the clear logos NOT be shrinked in BigBox?  I am trying to use Crylen's bordered wheels.  They look like crap being resized so small in the BibBox Wheel.  If it could be a little bigger so they are not so far apart from each other that would be nice.

bordered_logos.png

Edited by damageinc86

The only way to do this is to create a custom theme, or edit the theme you currently have (if the Author allows their theme to be edited), or ask the author them selves to create an alternate version. Otherwise, there's no way in Big Box that I know to resize images like that. From the looks of that images, they're already fairly big, much bigger and it will collide with the other artwork, so it might only be able to be marginally increased.

yeah i wouldn't really care about overlap much.  At least would like to get them sort of close to each other.  I took a look at some of the xaml files that i thought might be related but there's no use, I don't know the first place to look.  It's not very straightforward.  Oh well.  Maybe someday that will be another feature.  Clear logo sizes.  "actual size" , "small" ,  "medium" .

There’s a documentation.pdf file in the “Themes” folder of your LaunchBox installation. On page 10 starts the paragraph about FlowControl (the Wheel) with all kinds of explanations how to modify the sizes and behavior of your wheel.

Just go in to the Views folder of your metallic theme, open the PlatformWheel XAML file of the view you want to edit with Notepad++ or any other text editor and change the values of the CoverFlow:FlowControl element to your likings.

I hope that helps :)

I tried CameraZPositionin in the platformswheel4 which is the view I use, and using a smaller number made the wheel images get larger.  NICE.  Feels like eventually this should be an option though.  Or maybe an easy thing to do in the theme editor program to be made late 2017, that I hope will be called "ThemeBox"  :ph34r:  Thanks for the help though.  Much better with larger images.

bordered_logos_larger.png

Edited by damageinc86

Well there are visual editors out there for XAML already, and preferably these would be used. Adding more options like that in Big Box is a good idea, but if we add all those settings to micro-manage everything, then there's little to no need for custom themes (well, there still would be, but you get the idea). It would also take Jason time to add everything, when visual editors exist and things can already changed to anyones desire.

Yeah i was just throwing that huge hope out there.  Having a GUI for theme making is far, far off, but could really open this world up for the more plug n play user types.  Which launchbox/bb is already obviously geared towards with the way it works now.  But i got it with those tips so i'm happy! 

• 3 years later...

I know this is from ~3 years ago, but is there an easy way to shrink images in Big Box custom themes? What is the code to adjust the "Max Size" of the PNG Clear logos that are used? would be great to use a "max-width="100px" or something like that. 

Any ideas? Been searching and cannot find

Thank you!

I just figured it out, for those wanting to do this, it's in ThumbnailListView.xaml file, just open that and insert this Setter Property with MaxWidth in bold below, can also do max height if you want, but max width around 200 to 300 is perfect.

<Style x:Key="ThumbnailListBoxItemStyle" TargetType="ListBoxItem">
            <Setter Property="FocusVisualStyle" Value="{x:Null}" />
            <Setter Property="MaxWidth" Value="300" />

• Thanks 1

• 1 year later...
On 12/11/2016 at 11:00 AM, damageinc86 said:

yeah i wouldn't really care about overlap much.  At least would like to get them sort of close to each other.  I took a look at some of the xaml files that i thought might be related but there's no use, I don't know the first place to look.  It's not very straightforward.  Oh well.  Maybe someday that will be another feature.  Clear logo sizes.  "actual size" , "small" ,  "medium" .

Fantastic idea. That goes for the platform clear logos too. ?

• 2 years later...

Hi, its now 2024,

The .xaml lists seem to be different. 

I've searching through the lists on notepad for hours. 

Any idea, a point by point walkthrough on HOW TO RESIZE CLEAR LOGOS on the wheel. (Platforms AND playlist)

This is where i believe the Hyperspin aesthetic did it best.

Any ways, any help would be appreciated. 

22 hours ago, Sunny_19 said:

Hi, its now 2024,

The .xaml lists seem to be different. 

I've searching through the lists on notepad for hours. 

Any idea, a point by point walkthrough on HOW TO RESIZE CLEAR LOGOS on the wheel. (Platforms AND playlist)

This is where i believe the Hyperspin aesthetic did it best.

Any ways, any help would be appreciated. 

You would edit the view file within the custom theme you are trying to use. Which view file would depend on which view you are wanting to edit.

Depending on the theme, it may change exactly how you edit it, as at some point the wheel went through an overhaul, so there's a legacy way and a new way to do it.

This is documented in the file: LaunchBox\Themes\Documentation.pdf