LaunchBox Community Forums

RetroArch Mess Core

angelobodetti

• 2 years later...

Even though RA has given me grief on the odd occasion I absolutely love it. I will most likely always use the standalone MAME for Arcade games but for most other platforms that are good with MAME/MESS like the 5200 I am wanting to start getting them to work with the MAME/MESS core through RA. I just wanted to ask how to structure it all. So far I have:

RetroArch > system > mame > hash > *all the .xml files*

The first platform I wish to get up and running is the Entex Adventure Vision. I have the bios for it which I named 'advision.bin' and placed it in a zip called 'advision.zip' as 'advision' is what MAME calls it. With that 'advision.zip' file do I place that in the system folder, the mame folder that is in the system folder or in the hash folder? I have actually tried it in all three folders with the mame, mame_2014 and mame_2016 cores and it did not work.

Do I have to put 'advision -cart' in RA's Default Command-Line Parameters, or Extra Command-Line Parameters after the custom config line?

So many questions!

Edited by Dane