LaunchBox Community Forums

360 official controller

dmjohn0x

I guess it could be something in the controller itself, I know Windows 10 controller drivers like to take control of it unless you roll back the driver. Another program to look into is Controller Companion on Steam (don't need Steam running to use it though) and it's only a couple of bucks to buy.

1 hour ago, lordmonkus said:

Another program to look into is Controller Companion on Steam (don't need Steam running to use it though) and it's only a couple of bucks to buy.

Just bought it because you reminded me about it. It looked pretty cool to me before. It makes for much better Launchbox control than LB's builtin implementation to navigate and control the LB gui with the controller.

However, the guide/home button still doesn't work with any key I bind it to in the Controller Companion app!! I emailed the company of this app to ask them about that.

Well that figures. You can't just disable the LB controller part for LB gui navigation, but keep the automation part enabled (for closing apps and adjusting volume).

That sucks. So, I can't use this app to controll the LB gui because I need to keep the LB controller automation part for exiting games and adjusting volume. If I don't disable the LB controller with this steam app running, then i get two mouse pointers trying to navigate and double buttons. :(

It would probably be easier to use Xpadder or Antimicro to exit games with Start+Select. The steam controller companion disables when full screen games kick in. You can tell it not to disable, but then you would also have to map the gamepad for your games like you would also have to do with Xpadder and Antimicro, but it seems like it would be more of a pain with steam CC.

thx, i wll read this. 

but i try it with AHK and my script works. 

Joy7::
if GetKeyState("Joy8")
Goto, kill_emu
return

Joy8::
if GetKeyState("Joy7")
Goto, kill_emu
return

kill_emu:
{
Process, Exist, Dolphin.exe
If ErrorLevel <> 0