LaunchBox Community Forums

Nesica xLive Theme

Evilmaster

• 5 weeks later...

Yes, unfortunately doing all the artwork (packs of game artwork for new marquees) is taking far longer than anticipated and really slowing down the release of this theme. I think I am going to instead work on the final tweaks now and aim to get this released over the weekend without the game banner images. The images I have in complete sets I will upload separately for people to use in-place in their launchbox folders for now. Once I have more banners in place for most systems I will likely release another variant of the theme with the game banner images included and built in but this is likely to balloon the total size of the theme anyway and people may only want certain images anyway in their installs. At least this way I can get the theme itself released as I know people are waiting on this.

One question I do have though is that Launchbox now allows for a custom games folder to be used for wheel images within the theme rather than using the default image locations from Launchbox. This would allow for the wide banner size I have built the theme around (800px x219px - the same as the official NESiCA platofrm uses) to be used without having to replace your existing box-front images. What is everyone's preference though, would you prefer to replace your existing images with the wide images and keep your image locations consistent or would you prefer instead to have the banner images for this theme located within the theme folder so that you can easily use other themes where the wide banner style may not work accordingly?

I am leaning towards using the custom theme location for these images so as not to affect peoples currently built up image repositories but this will mean the wheel will have no wheel images (other than the default platform ones I am creating or any others I include with the theme at time of release) and will not pull through any box art into the theme automatically. The plus side is the theme will only show the default banner size images and any others placed into this location by downloading the packs of images as I upload them to this site. A more consistent look and feel from day 1 but with the compromise of slightly different setup to many other themes currently in use.

Let me know what you think? If no strong feelings on this subject then I will be releasing with the custom image location.

Thanks

Edited by shro2016

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, lessthanzero33 said:

I haven't heard anything in a while so im wondering if this project has been disregarded. If not, any updates would be appreciated.

Work is still on-going on this every hour that I get at present. Unfortunately whilst I had intended to launch this without all artwork assets being present this proved not to be possible. This is now a massive theme release as I am creating platform videos, banners, icons etc. for all systems and including these inside the theme itself. I think I am at about 85% complete but will upload a video on here once I have it in a state I am happy to demo. Cheers

13 hours ago, shro2016 said:

Work is still on-going on this every hour that I get at present. Unfortunately whilst I had intended to launch this without all artwork assets being present this proved not to be possible. This is now a massive theme release as I am creating platform videos, banners, icons etc. for all systems and including these inside the theme itself. I think I am at about 85% complete but will upload a video on here once I have it in a state I am happy to demo. Cheers

Happy to wait for a full release if its got all the art etc :) , love this theme very excited!

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 6/14/2020 at 9:50 AM, shro2016 said:

How is the progress coming on the project?

• 1 month later...

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you all. It is still being worked on. Here is a video of the project so far. I have created platform resources for most systems and am focussing on getting a sample of game banners created for all systems and to provide templates for each for you to also expand these packs yourselves. In addition I am also making platform videos for each system which matches the theme. As you will appreciate this is a very time consuming project which is why it is taking so long for this update to get out of the door, especially as I am only working on this in what little free time I have. Apologies for there being no sound on the video, I was getting some feedback on my system when recording so had to remove the audio.

Edited by shro2016

• 4 months later...
On 1/27/2017 at 6:35 AM, SIMPLY AUSTIN said:

Yeah sorry about that mate.   I do plan on making a part 2.... however TAITO are going mental with takedowns, DMCA, court orders etc etc with anyone even uploading the gameplay.  Even mine got contested with that video.  So until the dust settles, I aint touching it :(

I read this in your voice. Ahhh....the advent of the interwebz have not only killed the imagination but also helped it. lol

• 2 weeks later...