LaunchBox Community Forums

Nesica xLive Theme

Evilmaster

5 hours ago, shro2016 said:

I know grid view has been implemented to BigBox which I was hoping would really bring this theme to life. last time I checked this though it could only scroll vertically, not horizontally and was not possible to reduce the row gap sufficiently to get it to work as the original Nesica theme does. Whether things have moved on since I last checked I will find out.

You can move horizontally now, however it still remains you cannot reduce the row gap.

1 hour ago, lessthanzero33 said:

Thank you WallMachine!

no worries bud.

Just quickly put this together, its not the same as the original theme in Attract Mode or the actual Arcade Machine, just working with what we got.

Edited by wallmachine
  • Like 1

Thanks @lessthanzero33 and @wallmachine I am now working on updating the theme and creating a new version to include this and also incorporate any other elements now available that would be suitable for the theme. I will drop a message here when the new version is available for download but could be a couple of weeks due to other commitments at present but will make available as soon as I can. 

In the meantime if anyone has any suggestions of things they would also like in the theme please drop them here. 

Edited by shro2016

On 2/23/2020 at 9:34 PM, shro2016 said:

Thanks @lessthanzero33 and @wallmachine I am now working on updating the theme and creating a new version to include this and also incorporate any other elements now available that would be suitable for the theme. I will drop a message here when the new version is available for download but could be a couple of weeks due to other commitments at present but will make available as soon as I can. 

In the meantime if anyone has any suggestions of things they would also like in the theme please drop them here. 

more platforms would be great! with the art ect! possibly an option to customise the text on the arcade controls would be great! or an alternate control pannel eg 3,3,2 instead of 3,3. my favorite theme by far just more support for various platforms art would make this perfect!

edit hers a list that would suit well :)

Jaguar CD
Atari Lynx
Bandai Wonderswan
Bandai Wonderswan color
Magnavox Odyssey 2
NEC PC Engine
NEC PC Engine CD

NEC PC FX
Nintendo Famicom
Nintendo Famicom Disk System
Nintendo Sufami Turbo
Examu - Ex-Board
Nintendo Satellaview
Nintendo Gameboy
Nintendo Gameboy color
Nintendo Gameboy Advance
Nintendo Game & Watch
Tiger Handhelds
Tiger Game.com
Sega CD/Mega CD
Sega 32x
Microsoft MSX
Microsoft MSX 2
Panasonic 3do
Phillips CDi
Sega GameGear
Sega SG 1000
SNK NeoGeo CD
SNK NEoGeo AES
SNK NeoGeo Pocket
Playstation 1 (not PS One )
Sharp X68000
ActionMax
OpenBOR
Touhou project
Mugen
Action Max
CreatiVision
Entex Adventurevision

Edited by Newlander
  • Like 2

On 2/22/2020 at 3:01 PM, wallmachine said:

You can move horizontally now, however it still remains you cannot reduce the row gap.

no worries bud.

Just quickly put this together, its not the same as the original theme in Attract Mode or the actual Arcade Machine, just working with what we got.

@wallmachine are you able to send me the file (just need the wpf code for the flowcontrol on the view) you used for this as cannot work out how to get the wall view flow control coverfactory to behave as you are showing in the video with the highlight rectangle and horizontal scroll rather than vertical and this does not seem to be in the documentation for the control anywhere that I can see.

Edited by shro2016

On 2/24/2020 at 12:45 AM, lessthanzero33 said:

wallmachine, is that current setup available? or is it still a wip?

not publicly available.

13 minutes ago, shro2016 said:

@wallmachine are you able to send me the file (just need the wpf code for the flowcontrol on the view) you used for this as cannot work out how to get the wall view flow control coverfactory to behave as you are showing in the video with the highlight rectangle and horizontal scroll rather than vertical and this does not seem to be in the documentation for the control anywhere that I can see.

I don't know how to get the CoverFlow to work with different sized Boxart and I doubt everyone will create horizontal artwork for each Platform they have... I don't know how to fix or if we can, if someone knows let me know.

Issues:
- Spacing is not consistent between different sized artwork
- Unable to set different heights for vertical/horizontal artwork as you can see horizontal gets squished
- Unable to set height of selected game/not selected for different types of artwork to make the flow look more consistent

image.thumb.png.e2a006cf70aca03679448ca6b3dd9c64.png

Edited by wallmachine

3 hours ago, wallmachine said:

not publicly available.

I don't know how to get the CoverFlow to work with different sized Boxart and I doubt everyone will create horizontal artwork for each Platform they have... I don't know how to fix or if we can, if someone knows let me know.

Issues:
- Spacing is not consistent between different sized artwork
- Unable to set different heights for vertical/horizontal artwork as you can see horizontal gets squished
- Unable to set height of selected game/not selected for different types of artwork to make the flow look more consistent

image.thumb.png.e2a006cf70aca03679448ca6b3dd9c64.png

Thanks, so spacing is still an issue then in the wall view. If you can provide how you were able to get this to sit on one line horizontally that would be useful though as is a step in the right direction. I grant that spacing is going to be an issue. As for horizontal artwork I have been working on this and the theme promotes the use of Steam Banners as these do look better in this theme/layout.

8 hours ago, shro2016 said:

5 hours ago, shro2016 said:

Thanks, so spacing is still an issue then in the wall view. If you can provide how you were able to get this to sit on one line horizontally that would be useful though as is a step in the right direction. I grant that spacing is going to be an issue. As for horizontal artwork I have been working on this and the theme promotes the use of Steam Banners as these do look better in this theme/layout.

not at home atm but I used @faeran theme Radiance to do the border changing around the different types of boxart.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi @lessthanzero33, all good here and theme is going well, very pleased with how it is turning out. Unfortunately it is taking a little bit longer than expected to release due to quite a bit more artwork being required to be created for this new theme than originally envisaged and it may well be that I will need to release the theme and then separate game artwork packs afterwards for this theme. I have created a complete banner pack for the Dreamcast for this theme and all Artwork for filters, platforms and genres are created. The theme is now much closer to the original Nesica theme, the main difference being just one row of game images rather than the two rows in the original interface but unfortunately that is a limitation of big box at this time. I will be progressing the theme over this weekend as time allows and hopefully will have something to show over the weekend. I may even release the theme but without all the additional artwork packs and release these later though would like to get as much artwork included with the theme as possible as feel without this it will be lacking.

19 hours ago, lessthanzero33 said:

Awesome and i look forward to the updated work! If i may ask, will there be a section for collections?, ie; Mario, Sonic, and Mega Man?

Yes there is with banners being created. I am also going to be including templates to allow for you to create your own for any not included on release of the theme.